Homemade Lemon Tea Bread Recipe
Lemon Tea Bread
Author: Mama Z
- ½ cup organic butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup coconut crystals or ½ cup agave or honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, divided
- 6 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1 cup natural confectioners' sugar (take 1 cup honey granules or coconut crystals and blend in food processor with 1-2 teaspoons arrowroot or non GMO organic cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut crystals or ½ tablespoon agave or honey
- Beat softened organic butter or coconut oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add 1 cup granulated sweetener or ½ cup liquid sweetener, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir together gluten-free flour, baking powder, and sea salt; add to organic butter mixture alternating with milk, beating at low speed just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon rind and essential oil.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing bread.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spoon evenly over top of bread, letting excess drip down sides.
- Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind and 1 tablespoon sweetener; sprinkle on top of bread.
The lemon essential oil really brings out the flavor. If you prefer your bread to be a little less sweetened, then feel free to skip the last step and leave off the glazed drizzle.
What is your favorite bread recipe to bake?