Table of Contents for Essential Oil Detox Water Recipe
How to Use Essential Oils with Water Safely
First, I want to make sure you remember how to safely use essential oils with water. If you remember basic science from school you’ll remember that oil and water don’t mix. So understanding how to properly dilute essential oils is key for a recipe like this.
In this recipe you’ll see that we mix the essential oils with stevia, vinegar and other concentrated ingredients before we ever add water to help disperse the EOs throughout. And we do add water! This would be too strong to drink undiluted. That’s why this Essential Oil Detox Water Recipe makes one gallon’s worth of water – 128 ounces. And we recommend that you would drink no more than 2-3 glasses total (about 30 ounces or so) to avoid exceeding the maximum safe oral limits of the essential oils you choose.
See our guide here for more Safety Dos and Don’ts When Ingesting Essential Oils. The common sense tips will help you make smart decisions when using essential oils internally.
- 1 Eye Dropperful Liquid Stevia, Plain or Flavored
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 tsp. lime or lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 Gallon purified water
- Add the stevia, ACV, and desired essential oils to the jug.
- Top it all off with your reverse osmosis drinking water.
- This concentrate becomes the base for your drinking water each day. Dilute it further by using 1 quart concentrate per gallon of final drinking water.
- Drink 2-3 glasses per day.
This detox water recipe can serve as a base for some powerful variations depending on your needs. Whether you’re changing up the flavors to something more floral, or adding electrolyte powder for post-workout recovery, making sure that you consume plenty of healthy, pure water will keep you well-hydrated for optimum health.
An Important Word About Water Safety
It’s easy to think that the water we get from our faucets is healthy but when you examine the safety of tap water, you’ll see that it is definitely not the safest water you can drink! In fact, the chemical pollution in tap water have been linked to many health issues, including:
- Birth defects & infertility
- Brain fog
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s
- And the list goes on and on
So when you’re using water in a recipe like this, we highly recommend that you use the highest quality, purified water possible. That’s why we recommend AquaTru Water Purification system – a countertop reverse-osmosis system.
- Aqua Tru is the first CERTIFIED, COUNTERTOP REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM that can make better than bottled-quality water – right from the tap.
- It requires NO PLUMBING or INSTALLATION and sets up in just minutes.
- Aqua Tru can remove thousands of toxins and contaminants from your water, and is certified to remove 76 of the most toxic and dangerous ones (15x more than a pitcher filter).
- Three replaceable filters are long-lasting and affordable. They last from 6-months to 2 years (600-1200 gallons), based on average use. The AquaTru unit also keeps track of your filter usage and shows an alert when one needs to be changed.
- Save thousands of dollars over the cost of bottled water
- Aqua Tru is made of plastic, but it is Tritan plastic, the same high-grade non-BPA plastic used by Nurtri-Bullet. (If a concern, we recommend transferring water to glass pitcher.)
- Aqua Tru water tastes great!
See more about why we love our AquaTru Countertop Water Purifier here!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!