We don’t normally sweeten things, but when we do, we use stevia which is a great low glycemic, diabetic-friendly alternative sweetener. Stevia is an herb with a very pungent flavor, but when it is flavored it is wonderful. It is a great alternative sweetener for diabetics and cancer patients.
Table of Contents
The Healing Power of Lemon Oil
Lemon is such a healing plant. Its rind is one of the richest sources of d-limonene, which is one of the most common cancer-fighting terpenes in nature. (1) Additionally, we know that d-limonene can help:
- Boost immunity (2, 3)
- Reverse liver and pancreas damage (4)
- Kill pathogens and acts as a food preservative (5)
- Aid in weight loss (6)
- Decrease stress (7)
- Promote restful sleep (8)
Refreshing Healing Lemon Oil Cooler
This drink was formulated to include the naturally occurring d-limonene that you can find in the lemon rind which is what is used to make lemon essential oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint.
Pro-Tip – We recommend using a glass-bodied blender so essential oils won’t discolor the plastic. If you use a Vitamix or other plastic blender you may find the EOs stain the plastic. You can help avoid this by adding essential oil in the last step or in each cup individually.
Other Essential Oils Rich in d-Limonene (9)
In addition to lemon essential oil, some of the richest sources of d-limonene are:
- Sweet orange (83.9 – 95.9%)
- Grapefruit (84.8 – 95.4%)
- Clementine (94.8 – 95.0%)
- Bitter orange, peel (89.7 – 91.7%)
- Tangerine (87.4 – 91.7%
- Lemon, expressed (56.6 – 76.0%)
- Celery seed (68.0 – 75.0%)
- Mandarin (65.3 – 74.2%)
- Tangelo (73.2%)
- Lemon, distilled (64.0 – 70.5%)
- Dill seed (35.9-68.4%)
- Elemi (26.9 – 65.0%)
- Palo santo (58.6 – 63.3%)
- Yuzu (63.1%)
- Lime, expressed (51.5-59.6%)
- Lime, distilled (55.6%)
- Fir needle, silver (54.7%)
- Bergamot, expressed (27.4 – 52.0%)
- Caraway (36.9 – 48.8%)
Want another way to enjoy refreshing lemon? Try our summer berry lemonade drink!