The Healing Power of Lemon Oil
Lemon is such a healing plant. Its rind is one of the richest sources of d-limonene, which is on of the most common cancer-fighting terpenes in nature. (source) Additionally we know that d-limonene can help:
* Reverse liver and pancreas damage (source)
* Kill pathogens and acts as a food preservative (source)
* Aid in weight loss (source)
* Decrease stress (source)
* Promote restful sleep (source)
Refresh and Relax with this Healing Lemon Oil Cooler
This drink was formulated to include the naturally occurring d-limonene that you can find in the lemon rind which is what is used to make lemon essential oil!
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint.
Other Essential Oils Rich in d-Limonene (source, p 580)
In addition to lemon oil, some of the richest sources of d-limonene are:
- Sweet orange (83.9 – 95.9%)
- Grapefruit (84.8 – 95.4%)
- Clementine (94.8 – 95.0%)
- Bitter orange, peel (89.7 – 91.7%)
- Tangerine (87.4 – 91.7%
- Lemon, expressed (56.6 – 76.0%)
- Celery seed (68.0 – 75.0%)
- Mandarin (65.3 – 74.2%)
- Tangelo (73.2%)
- Lemon, distilled (64.0 – 70.5%)
- Dill seed (35.9-68.4%)
- Elemi (26.9 – 65.0%)
- Palo santo (58.6 – 63.3%)
- Yuzu (63.1%)
- Lime, expressed (51.5-59.6%)
- Lime, distilled (55.6%)
- Fir needle, silver (54.7%)
- Bergamot, expressed (27.4 – 52.0%)
- Caraway (36.9 – 48.8%)
Want another way to enjoy refreshing lemon? Try our summer berry lemonade drink!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!