I recently shared my love of making homemade non-toxic cleaners using essential oils. Besides just cleaning your home, essential oils are also great for cleaning your body. This DIY liquid hand soap recipe is simple to make and uses the same ingredients I recommend in many of my homemade skin care products.
DIY Liquid Hand Soap by Mama Z
After you make your homemade hand soap, check out my moisturizing hand cream which pairs perfectly with this essential oil DIY.
- ¼ cup Dr. Bronners Liquid Castile Soap
- ½ Tablespoon Mama Z’s Oil Base or your choice of carrier oil*
- ½ Tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 20 drops of the essential oil or blend of your choice
- glass bottle with pump
- In a glass jar slowly add your liquid cleanser.
- Add your vitamin E, jojoba or sweet almond oil and essential oils.
- Top with a sealed lid and shake well.
- Fill your hand soap containers with half soap and half distilled water to make it easier to pump out. Always use a glass bottle when adding essential oils.
* You can store the left over liquid hand soap (without water) until your containers need a refill, just remember to always shake well before using.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!