Bath time is often a fun time for parents and kids. Make it even better by using this DIY body wash without any synthetic fragrances, dyes for artificial color, or preservatives. This liquid soap can be used on their body and hair with no worries because it is 100% safe – and they will love it!
Body Wash Tips and Options
The basic ingredients are Castile soap and water. There are other ingredients you can add to the DIY body wash to make it even healthier and smell good.
- Add a moisturizer like vegetable glycerin to make it lather more. Everyone enjoys bubbles!
- Add your choice of carrier oil and to soothe and moisturize skin.
- Pick some favorite essential oils to make it smell wonderful. Create a wake-up body wash with peppermint essential oil, or a sleepy-time body wash with lavender essential oil.
You may also want to try our detox bath for kids! This one is great for when the kiddos are feeling under the weather. Use a homemade detangler for hair to avoid unnecessary toxic chemicals after bath time to keep your family as safe as possible.
Homemade Body Wash For Kids
- ½ cup Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap (use baby mild soap for infants)
- 2 tablespoons Mama Z’s Oil Base or argan oil or your choice of carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond, jojoba, grapeseed, etc.)
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
- 48-64 drops of essential oils*
- 1 tsp of aloe vera gel [optional]
- Distilled water
- 8-ounce container (I use a PET plastic container with a pump top for easy dispensing)
- Add all the ingredients to your 8-ounce jar or dispenser.
- Fill the remainder of the container with distilled water.
- Put the lid on and mix to blend.
- Shake before each use.
- Apply with hands, washcloth, sponge, etc.
* The total amount of EOs used will vary based on skin sensitivity and age of the child. See our printable dilution chart for guidance on EO amounts by age.
Some safe single essential oils to use for children’s baths are cedarwood, lavender, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, frankincense, Siberian fir, and citrus oils (lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.).
Some of my favorite EO blend variations to use include:
- Joyful Blend – equal parts orange and vanilla
- Awesome Body – equal parts orange, grapefruit, lime, lemon, and peppermint
- Herb Garden Relaxation – equal parts peppermint and lavender
- Sweet Sleep – equal parts Roman chamomile, lavender, and vetiver
- Respiratory Support – equal parts eucalyptus, peppermint, Roman chamomile, and lavender
Notes – I always rotate which essential oils I use whenever I make a new batch so I’m not using the same oils every day. This maximizes the benefits and helps prevent sensitization.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!