Bath time is often a fun time for parents and kids. Make it even better by using this DIY body wash without any synthetic fragrances, dyes for artificial color, or preservatives. This liquid soap can be used on their body and hair with no worries because it is 100% safe – and they will love it!
Body Wash Tips and Options
The basic ingredients are Castile soap and water. There are other ingredients you can add to the DIY body wash to make it even healthier and smell good.
- Add a moisturizer like vegetable glycerin to make it lather more. Everyone enjoys bubbles!
- Add your choice of carrier oil and to soothe and moisturize skin.
- Pick some favorite essential oils to make it smell wonderful. Create a wake-up body wash with peppermint essential oil, or a sleepy-time body wash with lavender essential oil.
You may also want to try our detox bath for kids! This one is great for when the kiddos are feeling under the weather. Use a homemade detangler for hair to avoid unnecessary toxic chemicals after bath time to keep your family as safe as possible.
Homemade Body Wash For Kids
- ½ cup Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap [use baby mild soap for infants]
- ½ cup distilled or filtered water
- 2 tablespoons Mama Z’s Oil Base or your choice of carrier oil [fractionated coconut oil, almond, jojoba, grapeseed, etc]
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
- 10-15 drops of essential oils*
- 1 tsp of aloe vera [optional]
- Add all the ingredients to your jar or dispenser.
- Put lid on and mix.
- Shake before each use.
- Apply with hands, washcloth, sponge, etc.
* Some safe essential oils to use for children’s bath are cedarwood, lavender, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, frankincense, Siberian fir, and citrus oils (lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.).