Guys, do you have sensitive skin? If so, you probably use an aftershave spray or lotion after you shaves to help soothe your skin. The problem with store bought aftershaves is they often contain toxic ingredients and synthetic fragrances that aren’t as gentle as they seem! It’s time to switch to a natural homemade aftershave!
Ladies, if you’re like me, you like your man clean-shaven. I hate it when his whiskers scratch me, don’t you?!? Well, if your man hates shaving because it hurts or because his skin is too sensitive, make him a batch of this homemade aftershave. It works! You can make this DIY aftershave yourself super easy with your guy’s favorite essential oils.
Natural Homemade Aftershave: Cream or Spray?
Ladies, which homemade aftershave should you make for your guy?
How about you do a little snooping in the bathroom and see which he’s already using. If you don’t already have his scent memorized, smell the product. What does it smell like? This will help you decide which oils to use. Woodsy scent? You’ll want to try some sandalwood or cedar.
Then, make one of these recipes and surprise your favorite man with something to pamper his face!
Two Natural DIY Aftershave Recipes with Essential Oils
Natural Aftershave Lotion with Essential Oils by Mama Z
Ingredients for Natural Natural Aftershave Lotion
- ¼ oz emulsifying wax
- ½ oz carrier oil
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
- 2 oz aloe vera juice (not gel!)
- ¾ oz witch hazel (unscented and alcohol-free)
- 2 drops vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops sandalwood essential oil
Instructions for Natural Natural Aftershave Lotion
- Put emulsifying wax, carrier oil, and vitamin E oil together into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. (double boilers work perfect)
- While melting, measure the aloe vera juice, witch hazel, and glycerin into a small glass cup or jar, warming them a little if needed, and stir to combine.
- Once oils are melted, add the liquids and heat everything just enough to ensure everything is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from the heat and whisk continually as the mixture cools. You’ll need to keep whisking until the lotion is thick, creamy, and a little frothy.
- Whisk in the essential oils last.
- Store this in a little glass jar, or a pump bottle for easy dispensing!
This will only stay good for a couple weeks, so make in small batches. You can refrigerate to extend the shelf-life.
Natural Aftershave Spray with Essential Oils by Mama Z
Ingredients for Natural Aftershave Spray
- 4 tablespoons Witch Hazel
- 4 tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tablespoons organic grain alcohol
- 6 drops Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil or Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
Instructions for Natural Aftershave Spray
- Combine all ingredients and keep in a dark glass spray bottle.
- Spray onto hands and pat face after shaving to soothe skin.
This recipe should last a couple weeks without using harmful preservatives. Store in the refrigerator to extend shelf-life.
Ladies, Want to Pamper Your Guy Some More?
And, for all you guys who enjoy a nice “spa day” now and again, I know you’re reading this. No one is going to take away your man card for getting pampered once and a while. 😉 Start with homemade shave cream to soothe and nourish skin. Then try Easy Beard Oil recipe and Natural Cologne recipes – They also make great gifts!
See more Gifts for Men You Can Make Yourself Here!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!