Do you have sensitive skin? If so, you probably use an aftershave spray or lotion after you shave to help soothe your skin. The problem with store-bought aftershaves is they often contain toxic ingredients and synthetic fragrances that aren’t as gentle as they seem! It’s time to switch to a natural, homemade aftershave!
Table of Contents:
Homemade Aftershave Options
So… which homemade aftershave should you make?
There are creams, sprays, salves, ointments…
And there are different fragrances: woodsy, minty, citrus, floral, musky.
Whatever your preference, you can personalize these DIY after shaves yourself super easy – the sky is the limit!
See more Gifts for Men You Can Make Yourself Here!
Natural Homemade Aftershave Cream
- ¼ oz emulsifying wax
- ½ oz carrier oil for skincare such as fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, or argan oil
- 3 drops Vitamin E oil OR pure Vitamin E
- 2 oz aloe vera juice (not gel!)
- ¾ oz witch hazel (unscented and alcohol-free)
- 2 drops vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops sandalwood essential oil
- Put emulsifying wax, carrier oil, and vitamin E oil together into a small saucepan and melt over low heat. (double boilers work perfectly with a one-pint wide-mouth jar.)
- While melting, measure the aloe vera juice, witch hazel, and glycerin into a small glass cup or jar, warming them a little if needed, and stir to combine.
- Once oils are melted, add the liquids and heat everything just enough to ensure everything is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from the heat and whisk continually as the mixture cools. You’ll need to keep whisking until the lotion is thick, creamy, and a little frothy.
- Whisk in the essential oils last. While still warm, quickly pour it into your final jar for dispensing and clean your utensils in hot water before the residue cools on them and makes them hard to clean.
- Store this in a little glass jar, or a pump bottle for easy dispensing!
This will only stay good for a couple of weeks, so make it in small batches. You can refrigerate to extend the shelf-life.
Natural Homemade Aftershave Spray
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel (unscented and alcohol-free)
- 4 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons organic grain alcohol
- 6 drops Hawaiian sandalwood or cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- Combine all ingredients and keep your aftershave spray in a dark glass spray bottle.
- Spray onto hands and pat face after shaving to soothe skin.
This recipe should last a couple of weeks without using harmful preservatives. Store in the refrigerator to extend shelf-life.
Using both of these together can help soothe dry skin and serve as a natural cologne to avoid artificial fragrances.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!