Chronic pain is an epidemic. Painkiller subscription rates are higher than they’ve ever been, and more and more people have become dependent on painkillers. Whether it’s over the counter or a prescription medication they’re relying on, many people are looking for an alternative. How can you get natural pain relief? What are some good alternatives to the creams and pills available in the drug store?
Essential Oils for Natural Pain Relief
While there are multiple oils that are great for relieving pain, one of my favorites is orange essential oil. As a pain relief remedy, orange oil is commonly overlooked for some of the stronger oils. But it shouldn’t be! Orange oil is a powerful healer!
Natural Pain Relief Massage Oil
Ready to make your own massage oil for effective pain relief?
This recipe is easy and it’s a great blend to keep on hand for after your workouts, a long hike in the woods, or a DIY project that leaves you sore and tired. Skip the Tylenol and massage this into your sore muscles and joints! (Note – With this percentage of wintergreen the blend should be used for adults only.)
- glass lotion bottle
- 2 oz carrier oil of choice
- 20 drops orange essential oil
- 10 drops copaiba essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops wintergreen essential oil
- Mix essential oils into lotion bottle.
- Fill bottle with Mama Z’s oil base or your carrier oil of choice.
- Shake well.
- Massage into sore muscles and joints twice daily.