Here’s how to make a homemade shaving cream with essential oils so you can customize the exact scents that you love. You don’t have to go buy some expensive product to enjoy a nice smelling, soft feeling shave.
After researching and experimenting with several recipes I concluded that there are hundreds of different ways to put together a homemade shaving cream that works great. The very simplest shaving cream to make is to whip some coconut oil and add your favorite scent.
DIY Shaving Cream Tips
The following recipe has a few other ingredients that add to the fun and health quality of the homemade shaving cream. I’ve suggested some amounts to get you started, but don’t feel like you have to stick to them. You can vary the amounts and still get a successful product. You can also add things like aloe vera or castile soap with success. Have fun with it and try different combinations and scents until you find the combination that works best for you.
Here are some ideas for scents that most people think of as more masculine: sandalwood essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil, bay rum essential oil, peppermint essential oil, vanilla extract, orange essential oil, and clove essential oil.
Homemade Shaving Cream
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup carrier oil or Mama Z’s Oil Base
- Essential oils or scent of your choice
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and carrier oil together.
- Cool the mixture until soft consistency and able to be mixed.
- Use an electric mixer of your choice [stand, hand, or stick blender] to whip the mixture into stiff peaks. The amount of mixing time will change depending on how hard the mixture is.
- Add the scents while whipping. You’ll need at least 10 drops of essential oil. You can stop and test it periodically on your skin to see if the smell is good.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the bathroom.
Tips for Homemade Shave Cream
- The homemade shaving cream does lose some of its volume over time, but will still work just fine.
- It will last longer if you keep water out of it. So dry your hand, or use a scoop.
- Please use caution if using it in the shower because it does have a tendency to make the shower/tub floor slippery.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!