Ready to get your green on? This superfood smoothie recipe may be bright red thanks to the beet, but it uses Dr. Z’s Super Greens Powder, plus some amazing anti-oxidant rich fresh fruits, veggies, and seeds. The banana and avocado lend a smooth texture, and if you want the smoothie cold and refreshing, you can use frozen ingredients! Throw it all in your Vitamix and you’ll have a super-healthy meal on the go.
- 1-2 tablespoons super greens powder
- 1 banana
- 1 whole lemon (peel and all!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful berries
- 1 handful cubed pineapple
- ½ whole beet
- 1 handful fresh greens (organic kale, collards, etc)
- 1 T ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 T chia seed (optional)
- 1 T hemp hearts (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in Vitamix, add enough water so that the ingredients are all submerged in water and blend until smooth. Voila!
Want to try some other smoothie recipes?
Here are a few more of our favorite smoothie recipes for summer. These make great snacks for the whole family, or quick and healthy breakfasts for those busy mornings before school.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!