Looking for an all natural makeup remover and face wash? This DIY Foaming Facial Cleanser is gentle on the skin and simple to make. You can make a jar of this simple foaming facial cleanser that is good for a month at a time.
Essential Oils for Skin Care
You can add skin-healing essential oils to this recipe, maximizing the antioxidant and rejuvenating effects. But it starts with your choice of carrier oil since some are very nourishing to the skin.
Jojoba is one of the most renowned oils for anti-aging, restorative effects. In a 2013 review, researchers summarized that “jojoba has anti-inflammatory effect[s] and it can be used on a variety of skin conditions including skin infections, skin aging, as well as wound healing.” (1)
Try any combination of oils to suit your personalized needs like tea tree for blemish control, geranium for sensitive skin and more. Try essential oils for skin such as:
Be sure to respect individual oils’ dermal recommendations! Some, like Ylang Ylang, may require less than 1% to be used to avoid skin complications. Experiment with your favorite fragrances and blends to create a one of a kind essential oil application with an anti-aging, pampering result.
Foaming Facial Cleanser
Set your glass jar of foaming facial cleanser next to your bathroom sink to remind yourself to wash your face each morning and every night at bedtime to keep blemishes at bay. Once a week you can followup your daily face washing routine with my DIY Facial Mask made with organic coconut oil and raw honey.
- 1 cup of filtered water
- ¼ cup of liquid castile soap
- 5 teaspoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of manuka honey
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- glass foaming soap dispenser
- Add filtered water to jar first to avoid suds from soap.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Slowly stir the facial cleanser, mixing everything together.
- Replace the foaming soap dispenser pump.
- Shake slightly before use.
- Pump foaming facial cleanser into hand and rub on damp face.
- Rinse and enjoy your clean skin!
Skin care products have a shelf life. This DIY recipe is recommended for one month. Slight separation of the soap is normal, mix well before each use.