Unless you live in a bubble, you literally cannot avoid toxins. Thankfully, God has gifted our bodies with an effective system to ward off much of the harm, but it is important to learn how to detox with essential oils and other natural remedies just in case. If you’re not sure how to get started, this post about using essential oils for Detox Bath recipe is a great start!
You can also alter the DIY detox bath recipe per my recommendations below for a hand or foot soak and to use on children. It is great for relieving sore muscles, sunburn, and allergies. To learn more about detoxing and essential oils, be sure to check out my hubby’s article!
Table of Contents:
I find it rather surprising that no one seems to talk about emotional detoxification more. Both positive and negative emotions are important and part of being human, but when we can’t manage them properly we can find ourselves in a downward spiral fast. This can have a serious impact on every aspect of our lives – especially our health – and essential oils are so helpful!
Taking regular emotional detox breaks will help you handle your emotions with ease and cleanse your entire system so that you can reach your full potential and enjoy the abundant life.
While detoxing your emotions is important, it’s easier said than done. I have put together 11 steps to emotional cleansing that will give you a good starting point for setting out on your emotional detoxing journey. I have ordered these steps by which I find most important. If you tackle each one at a time, you’ll be well on your way to living the abundant life!
Using Essential Oils for Detox Bath
The use of carrier oil in this recipe helps dilute the essential oils for detox bath so that skin-friendly essential oils are more diluted, and leaves your body with a nice surface glow. If you want the oils more fully dispersed through the bathwater, try mixing it with liquid castile soap instead of carrier oil. Try for yourself – you’ll love using essential oils for a detox bath.
This detoxing bath soak is so gentle that I used during my pregnancy. The version that is safe for kids comes in handy during sickness and seasonal allergies.
If you are treating sore muscles with your DIY detox bath then I recommend you follow it up with my DIY Fibromyalgia Massage Oil Blend.
After treating sunburns, remember to replenish your skin with my soothing healing skin serum.
DIY Detox Bath Protocol
- 1 cup Epsom Salts (plain) or bath crystals
- ¼ cup Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Mama Z’s oil base or your favorite carrier oil*
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix essential oils and carrier oil (or liquid castile soap) before adding to an empty tub.
- Pour in Epsom salts or bath crystals.
- Fill your bathtub with as warm of water as you can stand.
- Slowly pour the apple cider vinegar into the running water.
- Soak your whole body for 20-30 minutes.
- During the last five minutes first, sit up then kneel and last stand.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
Personal Soak Variation – For use on kids or to soak feet/hands only:
*1/2 cup Epsom Salts
*1/8 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
*1 Tbsp carrier oil
*1 drop lemon essential oil
*3-4 drops lavender essential oil
Mix the essential oil into the carrier oil first before adding the rest of the ingredients. For hand and feet, soak in a bucket or foot bath.
Try using this essential oil blend in our DIY bath bombs and add some fun relaxation to your detox bath. Follow up your emotional detox bath with this emotional detox inhaling blend for aromatherapy support.