Everyone loves to play outside in the warmer weather, even our canines. Our lovable furry friends can get dirty quick when playing outdoors so it is nice to bathe them once a week. This DIY Dog Shampoo will help get rid of the stinky dog smell before they come back inside to sit on your lap.
DIY Dog Shampoo with Essential Oils for Dogs by Mama Z
This DIY Dog Shampoo will also help any dry skin and itching from bug bites. The oatmeal bath is soothing and the green tea is perfect for their hair. Do not forget to keep your dog well protected outdoors this summer by using our homemade flea & tick spray which is made from essential oils for dogs.
Ingredients for Homemade Dog Shampoo
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ tablespoon Vitamin E Oil
- ½ tablespoon Mama Z’s Oil Base or favorite carrier oil*
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 green tea bag
- 1½ cups warm water
Instructions for Homemade Dog Shampoo
- Mix the oats and water until well blended. Set aside.
- Mix your lavender oil, vitamin E, and coconut oil separately.
- Combine your essential oil mixture with your oats. Blend well.
- Empty the contents of the green tea bag into your shampoo mix and stir until well mixed.
- Use once a month or more often for prevention and treatment, and be sure to use immediately following grooming.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!