Gluten-free Apple Crisp Recipe
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
Author: Mama Z
- Unrefined (no propellant) organic coconut-oil or olive-oil cooking spray
- 4 cups sliced and pared organic tart apples
- ¾ cup Christmas Cookie Blend or organic coconut sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup organic sprouted organic gluten-free oats
- ¾ teaspoon organic ground Ceylon cinnamon, plus more to taste
- ¾ teaspoon organic nutmeg
- ⅓ cup grass-fed butter, softened or melted OR ⅓ cup coconut oil and a pinch of freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Organic pumpkin pie spice powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a square 8x8 pan.
- Place the sliced apples in the baking dish, distributing them evenly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice (if using). Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples and top with pumpkin pie spice powder if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve with Coconut Whipped Cream or Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream
- *Dessert Bar Option - You can also double the topping. Press half into the bottom and use the other half as directed above if you like more of a dessert bar. Top with nuts, organic berries, coconut whipped cream, toasted organic coconut, additional cinnamon or pie spice powder, or vegan, dairy-free, naturally sweetened chocolate chips.
Let me know what you serve it with!
I’ve shared more of our favorite dessert recipes for you to try.