This coconut milk whipped cream recipe, on the other hand, is super simple to make, absolutely delicious, and a fantastic (healthy) addition to any dessert! It’s delicious with fruit!
Sometimes it can be tricky to determine if your coconut milk is truly full of fat coconut milk. I like Native Forest brand but your local brands might be different. One trick to tell if it has the cream is to pick it up and turn it upside down while listening. If you don’t hear any sloshing, that’s a good one to choose.
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream Recipe
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can full of fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon of organic vanilla beans ground
- 2 to 3 dropperfuls vanilla-flavored liquid stevia, or 1 teaspoon maple syrup or raw honey*
- Place can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn can upside-down and open it.
- Drain off liquid and use later in a smoothie.
- Put all the coconut cream left in the can in a stand mixer (I use Kitchen Aid), add vanilla & maple syrup to taste.
- Mix together with regular or whipping blade. Place in refrigerator 3-4 hours and serve over dessert.
- Sometimes you’ll get a coconut milk that is a “dud” and doesn’t have enough cream in it. Just use the liquid for smoothies and try another can. I ALWAYS buy extra to make sure I have enough.
- Do NOT overprocess your whipped cream or it will begin to separate and become chunky. If this happens, you can save it. Place it in the oven at 200-300 degrees for approximately 5-15 minutes until it’s melted. Place it immediately back into your food processor, blend, and then put it in your final container and place in your fridge to cool.
- I recommend making this the day before you need it. In fact, I often make a double batch to keep some on hand. It will store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks depending on your coconut milk.