If you’re trying to kick the dairy habit, then start with this recipe. You’ll love it!
Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can organic full-fat unsweetened coconut milk (1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond or coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 dropperfuls vanilla-flavored liquid stevia, or ¾ cup organic coconut crystals or raw organic honey*
- Pinch of freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer plus ¼ cup purified or distilled water
- ¼ teaspoon ground organic vanilla bean, or scraped seeds of ½ vanilla bean
- Place the interior bowl of an automatic ice cream maker in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Place the canned coconut milk in a blender. Add enough almond milk beverage to reach the 3-cup mark.
- Add the vanilla, stevia, sea salt, egg replacer, purified water, and vanilla bean. Blend well.
- Place the interior bowl and the paddle in the electric ice cream maker. Turn the machine on and pour in the contents of the blender. Let the ice cream maker run for about 30 minutes or until the ice cream reaches your preferred consistency.
- Serve immediately,y or keep it in the interior bowl in the freezer.
Pro-Tip – We recommend using a glass-bodied blender so essential oils won’t discolor the plastic. If you use a Vitamix or other plastic blender you may find the EOs stain the plastic. You can help avoid this by adding essential oil in the last step or in each cup individually.
How about you? What are YOUR favorite dairy-free ice cream recipes?