If you’re trying to kick the dairy habit, then start with this recipe. You’ll love it!
Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 1½ cups full of fat coconut milk (1 can)
- 1½ cups So Delicious coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 servings pure stevia powder or liquid
- dash pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- ¼ cup purified water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean, ground/paste or scrape the innards of
- ½ vanilla bean
- Place the inside bowl of an automatic ice cream maker into a freezer for at least 12 hours. (I like the Cuisinart® Ice Cream/Yogurt Maker from Bed, Bath & Beyond.)
- Place the can of coconut milk in a blender then add the rest of the So Delicious coconut milk to reach the 3 cups mark.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Put the inside bowl into the ice cream maker with the paddle inside.
- Turn the machine on and put everything from the blender into the ice cream maker.
- Let it run for 30 minutes or when the ice cream reaches the best consistency for you.
- Serve immediately with fruit, nuts or topping.
- Store the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.
* For chocolate ice cream, add ¼ cup cocoa powder.
* For strawberry ice cream, add ½ cup strawberries.
* For mocha ice cream, add 1 serving instant organic coffee.
How about you? What are YOUR favorite dairy-free ice cream recipes?