When I went “healthy,” my heart dropped when I learned that I had to give up my precious ice cream. Me and dairy have a lifelong love-hate relationship. My tastebuds LOVED my dairy sweet goodies, but the rest of my body HATED them! After discovering coconut milk ice cream, I thought I died and went to Heaven. Well, not really, but you know what I mean! 😉
If you’re trying to kick the dairy habit, then start with this recipe. You’ll love it!
Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 1½ cups full of fat coconut milk (1 can)
- 1½ cups So Delicious coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 servings pure stevia powder or liquid
- dash pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- ¼ cup purified water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean, ground/paste or scrape the innards of
- ½ vanilla bean
- Place the inside bowl of an automatic ice cream maker into a freezer for at least 12 hours. (I like the Cuisinart® Ice Cream/Yogurt Maker from Bed, Bath & Beyond.)
- Place the can of coconut milk in a blender then add the rest of the So Delicious coconut milk to reach the 3 cups mark.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Put the inside bowl into the ice cream maker with the paddle inside.
- Turn the machine on and put everything from the blender into the ice cream maker.
- Let it run for 30 minutes or when the ice cream reaches the best consistency for you.
- Serve immediately with fruit, nuts or topping.
- Store the rest of the ice cream in the freezer.
* For chocolate ice cream, add ¼ cup cocoa powder.
* For strawberry ice cream, add ½ cup strawberries.
* For mocha ice cream, add 1 serving instant organic coffee.
How about you? What are YOUR favorite dairy-free ice cream recipes?
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!