There are lots of natural toothpastes on the market, and I know you’ll love this homemade toothpaste recipe to make your own toothpaste or tooth powder. Our family likes this bentonite clay essential oil toothpaste recipe for a clean, healthy mouth!
I’m not going to lie. Clay isn’t the most wonderful tasting thing, but some coconut oil to make it smooth, stevia to sweeten, and a few essential oils for freshness and you’ll soon get used to it.
Homemade Toothpaste Recipe with Essential Oil Blends for Oral Care by Mama Z
Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends for your DIY toothpaste recipe:
- Lime (3 drops), lemon (4 drops), grapefruit (3 drops)
- Orange (4 drops), clove (3 drops), peppermint (3 drops)
- Cinnamon leaf (3 drops), clove (2 drops), orange (5 drops)
- Chamomile (5 drops) and wintergreen (5 drops)
- Frankincense (5 drops) & myrrh (5 drops)
Ingredients for DIY Bentonite Clay Essential Oil Tooth Powder and Toothpaste
This recipe is for tooth powder, but it makes a great toothpaste too!
Note: The color of your finished product may vary depending on the color of your clay and the essential oils used.
- ⅓ cup of Bentonite Clay
- 1½ teaspoons of Stevia powder
- ¼ teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil*
- 10 drops of essential oils*
Instructions for DIY Bentonite Clay Essential Oil Tooth Powder and Toothpaste
- Mix the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- In a separate container, add your chosen essential oils to the carrier oil and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients in the food processor gradually until well blended. Mixture should be granular and slightly damp.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid.
To make toothpaste, once the tooth powder is complete, gradually add in water and more coconut oil, blending as you go, until you reach the desired consistency.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
* Essential oils are great for oral health and these are some of our favorite blends:
Lime, lemon, grapefruit
Orange, clove, peppermint
Cinnamon, clove, orange
Chamomile and wintergreen
Frankincense & myrrh
What are your favorite essential oils to add to your homemade toothpaste recipe?
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!