If you have detoxed your laundry room you probably got rid of any chemical stain remover. If you have an active family you’ll definitely need something to fight stains. Here’s how to make a homemade stain remover for clothes, and even better, you can use all natural ingredients!
Fighting Laundry Stains
Below are the actual recipes for homemade stain remover for clothes; but first here are some tips to help with any stain:
- As with any new product, it’s best to do a spot check first.
- Applying stain remover to BOTH sides of the cloth really helps.
- If it’s a body related stain you can add some vegetable glycerin to help fight the stain.
- With these homemade recipes, it’s best to make a small batch for short-term use because the hydrogen peroxide doesn’t stay full strength for long. It can last for a week under the right conditions.
- If it’s a stubborn stain you might need to reapply and repeat. With a lighter stain you can just throw the clothes into the wash.
- If the stain is an oily one you can sprinkle it with cornstarch, arrowroot powder, or diatomaceous earth to help soak up the oil. These can be used with the spray homemade stain remover for clothes.
Homemade Stain Remover Spray
- ½ cup distilled water
- ¼ cup Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap
- ½ cup hydrogen peroxide
- 2 drops lemon essential oil – optional, but it adds extra anti-bacterial, anti-stain power
- Glass measuring cup
- Glass spray bottle for storage
- Mix the distilled water, liquid soap, hydrogen peroxide, and lemon essential oil in a large glass measuring cup.
- Pour in a glass spray bottle – dark glass or covered with a dark bag and stored in a dark place at room temperature to help the peroxide last longer.
- Gently shake before each use.
- If you're tackling a liquid stain, blot as much of it as you can first.
- Spray and let the solution sit for about 5 min.
- Scrub with your finger, a soft brush, or rub with a rag.
If you don’t have time to DIY your laundry products – shop at a store you can trust. We use TrulyFree for safe laundry products delivered to our door.
Natural Living Family TrulyFree Group Buy! When you try TrulyFree HERE, you’ll get 100 loads FREE! We know you’ll love the safe, healthy ingredients and to-your-door convenience as much as we do.
You might have seen a DIY recipe for homemade stain remover for clothes that uses Dawn detergent. This recipe replaces the Dawn with natural castille soap.
Homemade Stain Remover Gel
- Mix the liquid soap and peroxide in a glass jar.
- Add baking soda until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Apply with fingers, spoon, or soft brush.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes, then wash the clothing as you usually would.
If you haven’t detoxed your laundry room yet, read this article on why you should and what natural products you can use. And remember what you put ON your body goes IN your body!