While some babies seem more susceptible than others, almost every baby that ever wore a diaper has experienced diaper rash. This natural homemade diaper rash cream is a great alternative!
Table of Contents
Why Make a Homemade Diaper Rash Cream?
Whether it’s a diaper ignored too long, an allergic reaction to something in the diaper, or something the infant ate, a diaper rash can be very painful and hard to heal. There are many diaper rash ointments on the market, but many of them contain ingredients we’d rather not put on our baby’s skin.
A quick glance at some of the most popular brands show pore clogging ingredients like petroleum. Other ingredients are even known carcinogens common in body care products, or toxic synthetic fragrances. Ew, right? Why subject your babies to these unnecessary ingredients when you don’t have to.
You want all of the ingredients in your diaper rash cream to be gentle enough for a newborn’s skin. They should also be nourishing and it’s a big bonus if some of them are natural anti-inflammatories like coconut oil and lavender essential oil are.
The ingredients in this homemade diaper rash cream recipe are just that! Safe, effective, affordable, and easy to make.
Using Your Natural Diaper Rash Cream
Remember to clean your baby’s skin well and let it completely air dry before applying any kind of ointment. You really don’t want to lock in moisture or apply to a bum that isn’t clean and end up making the rash worse.
Change diapers frequently, reapplying the DIY diaper rash cream as needed until the rash has subsided.
Have you ever made a natural diaper rash cream? What’s your favorite essential oil to use for soothing and healing diaper rash?
Want an all natural bath-time for baby? Try an Safe and Gentle DIY Body Wash for kids!
Gentle Diaper Rash Cream with Essential Oils
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. beeswax (if a vegan option is desired, consider organic kokum butter as an alternative)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable glycerin
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Roman chamomile oil
- Use a double boiler, or make one by setting a glass jar or measuring cup in a medium pot with 1-2 inches of water. Bring the water to boiling then turn down to med/med-high, add everything except the glycerine and essential oils to the jar.
- Melt ingredients thoroughly, then add vegetable glycerine and mix until well blended.
- Remove from heat, add essential oil, and mix.
- Store in a small glass salve jar and use as needed.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!