These essential oils for immunity combine to create a healthy immune boost recipe is doctor-formulated and kid-approved. The entire family loves it because it tastes like candy, and makes us feel great! If you need a little immune boost, support to fight off an infection, or simply want to stay healthy during the cold season, this recipe may just do the trick!
Note About Immune Boosting: While we usually refer to this action as “immune-boosting” in our everyday language, the reason these essential oils work to combat disease is that they have strong antimicrobial properties. The antibacterial and antifungal essential oils that are part of this recipe have also been shown to kill viruses in pre-clinical studies and are helpful to combat disease when you’ve been exposed to whatever is going around town. Be sure to consult with your physician if you’re currently under treatment, or if you’re on medication before taking this essential oils for immunity “shot.”
Table of Contents
Our Black Mold Story
Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Well, I can relate because I developed this immune-boosting “shot” a while back to beat pneumonia when antibiotics didn’t work. Here’s my story…
Several years ago, we discovered that our home was infested with toxic black mold. Unbeknownst to us, we were affected for a few years as low-grade autoimmune & allergy symptoms started to occur in the entire house – especially in me and my wife. All of this was undetectable by our doctors and, after a particularly stressful season of our lives, my immune system was significantly compromised and I developed serious upper respiratory issues.
First, some light coughing presented itself, then it advanced and became deep and chronic (non-stop). Shortly afterwards, I developed a high fever and nothing I tried naturally seemed to help. After attempting several holistic remedies, I felt I had no other option than to go to our family doctor and see if antibiotics would work.
Looking back, I regret this decision. This was the first time I took antibiotics in nearly a decade and, even though I felt a bit better initially, I quickly relapsed and ended up worse off than I was at first!
I was sick for nearly two months and the second bout of pneumonia really kicked my butt. I was desperate and cried out to God for an answer, and the vitamin C + honey + essential oil concoction I felt inspired to develop not only helped me fully recover, but has been a saving grace for thousands of people who have tried it out for themselves.
Cleaning up the toxic mold and air quality in our home was also paramount to preventing a relapse, and I am also grateful to have been introduced to proven air purification systems like AirDoctor since having first suffered from pneumonia.
Yes, I “regret” taking antibiotics, but I’m also glad I did because their failure brought me to the place where I was really serious about finding a solution to my serious health problem. Like so many times in my life, from my pain was birthed a purpose, and I have been blessed with natural solutions that have been destined to help the world. Praise God!
How We Use Our Healthy Immune Boost
Who will complain about taking a dose of delicious raw honey in the morning? Plus, I love some pumpkin pie spice – it gives my immune boost recipe a nice flavor and added immune boost!
When it comes to dosage and practical advice, keep in mind that you don’t want to develop resistance and you never want to do anything every single day. Think in terms of the seasons created by God, and how all our produce is not naturally available year-round.
When I took antibiotics because I came down with a horrible case of pneumonia that nothing natural could knock it out, I did this:
- I took my essential oils for immunity boost recipe shot three times a day for one week, then scaled back gradually to once per day until I felt better.
- I applied the essential oils for immunity blend listed below as a body oil over my abdomen, chest and back of neck (diluted with a carrier oil)
- I made sure I diffused sleepy time oils (lavender, chamomile, etc…) to get a good night’s sleep.
- I oil pulled every day with this essential oils for immunity blend.
- I loaded up on multi-strain probiotics.
- I didn’t eat meat, limited grains and stayed away from all inflammatory foods (sweets, fried foods, dairy) for a few weeks to give my digestive system a break.
- I drank lots of water and freshly squeezed, nutrient dense juice.
- And I prayed and recited healing affirmations!
Note About Vitamin C Supplements
The key to my Immune Boosting Shot is the liposomal vitamin C. It acts as a fantastic essential oil carrier, and is one of the most powerful nutrients on the planet. A potent antioxidant, you’re literally wasting your money with most multivitamins and over-the-counter vitamin C supplements. Here are three reasons why.
First off, to cut costs many manufacturers source inferior ingredients from overseas and fill their product with artificial fillers and flavorings to make them more enjoyable to consume.
Secondly, there’s the issue of absorption. Due to poor quality ingredients and a disregard to bioavailability, it is virtually impossible to absorb conventional, synthetic oral Vitamin C supplements. In fact, some reports claim that you’re only getting 15% of the dose! (1, 2).
Third, because of inferior ingredients and other manufacturing concerns, digestive issues are also common. Ascorbic acid (the supplement form of Vitamin C) when not treated properly, can lead to stomach issues such as cramping and diarrhea. (3)
Bottom line: a vast majority of vitamin C supplements you see on the market are glorified sugar pills!
Liposomal Vitamin C
The vitamin C that I took when I had pneumonia was encapsulated into tiny, nano-sized micelles which are further enveloped into healthy fat cells (i.e. “liposomes”). As the liposomes travel through your gastrointestinal tract, they gradually peel away in a controlled manner. This is because the protective liposomes protect the vitamin C from gastric juices and other absorption barriers in the human gut. The micelles are eventually released and the vitamin C (that you pay good money for) is deposited near the gut where it can be fully absorbed – and not excreted and wasted!
Bee Products & Raw Honey
“My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.” (Proverbs 24:13)
As you know, we’re big fans of Bible-endorsed foods. And honey is one of them! But that’s not the only things bees make.
- Bee Propolis – boosts immune function with natural antimicrobial properties and is rich in antioxidants that support energy on a cellular level.
- Bee Pollen – “Nature’s multivitamin” rich in essential amino acids & energizing nutrients like magnesium and calcium.
- Royal Jelly – Supports memory, focus and overall brain health with unique neurotransmitters like acetylcholine (supports memory and dementia prevention) & 10-HDA (supports growth of new neurons)
- Raw Wildflower Honey – Rich in enzymes & delivers balanced, easily digestible energy.
- Add 1-2 drops of Immune Boost Blend Essential Oils to the coconut oil and mix well, then add this mixture to the rest of the ingredients, mixing well again.
- Enjoy once or twice daily at the onset of a cold, or when exposed for prevention.
- Wash down with pure, filtered water.
- Be sure to not use it for more than two weeks at a time.
Equal parts Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Orange and Lemon Essential Oils
* This can be enjoyed straight or with a little bit of water to wash it down. Alternatively you can mix it with a cup of warm tea. Depends on your palate.