My husband, Dr. Z, put together this essential oils for immune system boosting and the kids love our protocol! It is perfect to use when you sense a cold coming on, or as a preventative. When our bodies are stressed during weather changes, family vacations or during a time you are exposed to crowds of people carrying germs, it is a good thing to keep your immune system in mind. By taking this immune boosting shot, you can help keep away those pesky viruses.
Note About Immune Boosting: While we usually refer to this action as “immune boosting” in our every day language, the reason these essential oils work to combat disease is that they have strong antimicrobial properties. These antibacterial essential oils and those strong against viruses are helpful to combat disease when you’ve been exposed to whatever is going around town.
Table of Contents about Essential Oils for Immune System
DIY Essential Oils for Immune System Boosting Shot
Who will complain about taking a dose of delicious raw honey in the morning? Plus, I love some pumpkin spice – it gives the immune boosting juice recipe shot a nice flavor.
When it comes to dosage and practical advice, keep in mind that you don’t want to develop resistance and you never want to do anything every single day. Think in terms of the seasons created by God, and how all our produce is not naturally available year round.
When I took antibiotics because I came down with a horrible case of pneumonia that nothing natural could knock it out, I did this:
- I took my essential oils for immune boosting juice recipe shot twice a day starting a few days before and then for a week after.
- I applied the essential oils for immune system blend listed below on my feet (diluted with a carrier oil)
- I made sure I diffused sleepy time oils (lavender, chamomile, etc…) to get a good night’s sleep.
- I oil pulled every day with this essential oils for immune system blend.
- I loaded up on multi-strain probiotics.
- I didn’t eat meat for a couple weeks to give my digestive system a break.
- And I drank lots of freshly squeezed, nutrient dense juice.
Vitamin C Supplements
The key to my Immune Boosting Shot is the liposomal vitamin C. It acts as a fantastic essential oil carrier, and is one of the most powerful nutrients on the planet. A potent antioxidant, you’re literally wasting your money with most multivitamins and over-the-counter vitamin C supplements. Here are three reasons why.
First off, to cut costs many manufacturers source inferior ingredients from oversees and fill their product with artificial fillers and flavorings to make them more enjoyable to consume.
Secondly, there’s the issue of absorption. Due to poor quality ingredients and a disregard to bioavailability, it it is virtually impossible to absorb conventional, synthetic oral Vitamin C supplements. In fact, some reports claim that you’re only getting 15% of the dose! (source, source).
Third, because of inferior ingredients and other manufacturing concerns, digestive issues are also common. Ascorbic acid (the supplement form of Vitamin C) when not treated properly, can lead to stomach issues such as cramping and diarrhea. (source)
Bottom line: a vast majority of vitamin C supplements you see on the market are glorified sugar pills!
Liposomal Vitamin C
The vitamin C that I took when I had pneumonia was encapsulated into tiny, nano-sized micelles which are further enveloped into healthy fat cells (i.e. “liposomes”). As the liposomes travel through your gastrointestinal tract, they gradually peel away in a controlled manner. This is because the protective liposomes protect the vitamin C from gastric juices and other absorption barriers in the human gut. The micelles are eventually released and the vitamin C (that you pay good money for) is deposited near the gut where it can be fully absorbed – and not excreted and wasted!
If you’re looking for a good, quality Liposomal Vitamin C, check this out product from PuraTHRIVE.
Immune Boosting Shot by Mama Z
Ingredients for Homemade Immune Boosting Shot
- 1 serving Lyposomal Vitamin C
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (Manuka honey is our favorite
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1-2 drops Immune Boost Blend Essential Oils*
- ¼ teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder
- Tiny pinch pink Himalayan salt
Instructions for Homemade Immune Boosting Shot
- Add 1-2 drops of Immune Boost Blend Essential Oils to the coconut oil and mix well, then add this mixture to the rest of the ingredients, mixing well again.
- Enjoy once or twice daily at the onset of a cold, or when exposed for prevention.
- Wash down with pure, filtered water.
- Be sure to not use for more than two weeks at a time.
*Immune Boost Blend:
* This can be enjoyed straight or with a little bit of water to wash it down. Alternatively you can mix it with a cup of warm tea. Depends on your palate. 🙂
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!