Most people have no idea that they have a magnesium deficiency, nor how easy it is learn how to make magnesium oil, which is vital to abundant life health and wellness! Unfortunately, many of our natural sources of magnesium are gone, and our lifestyle is further depleting it. Sugar, caffeine, alcohol, stress, and sleeplessness are bad habits that use up our magnesium.
To make matters worse, a growing number of people are developing a difficulty in absorbing the magnesium from the foods that they eat.
But… don’t worry! It has been shown that applying magnesium oil on your skin increases absorption and below I show you how easy (and budget-friendly) it is to make magnesium oil – a natural spray that you can use to raise your magnesium easily and inexpensively.
The Importance of Magnesium
How important is magnesium to your health? Well, according to one study…
“Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body…. and there is an increased interest in the role of magnesium in preventing and managing disorders such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.” (1)
Magnesium helps maintain:
- Normal muscle and nerve function
- Keeps heart rhythm steady
- Supports a healthy immune system
- And keeps bones strong.
And, magnesium can also:
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Promotes normal blood pressure
- And is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
Technically, the spray in the recipe below is not an “oil,” but magnesium flakes dissolved in water. However, it’s the cheapest way to supplement what your body needs. Plus, your body will absorb only what it needs through the skin.
It’s good to use 5 – 10 squirts of the spray daily. If you are magnesium deficient it will probably sting or tingle on your skin. That should decrease as you continue to use the spray. Try to leave it on for at least 5 minutes before washing it off so your body can absorb some of what it needs. It’s fine to rub it in also; you don’t have to wash it off at all. The “plump” areas of the body are usually less sensitive to the spray; so try a different spot if it’s really stinging.
But your body needs the proper level of magnesium for so many things so this is a great way to relieve muscle pain and do good for your body too!
Note, if you don’t have time to DIY, here’s a good magnesium oil that you can buy on Amazon.
Homemade Magnesium Oil Spray
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup magnesium chloride flakes
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (optional)*
- 5 drops Roman chamomile (optional)*
- Boil the water.
- Pour the water over the magnesium flakes in a glass container.
- Stir until the flakes are dissolved.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Can last up to 6 months.
* NOTE: the essential oils are optional but if you need some muscle-soothing or help relaxing, especially at night, lavender and Roman chamomile make a great addition to this recipe!
And now you know how to make magnesium oil!
Some people use this spray as a deodorant, and you could add it to a detox bath too.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!