A good lip balm can be pretty pricey in the store, and while you can read the ingredients on the package, you never know what quality those ingredients are. Making your own DIY lip balm recipe with essential oils not only saves you a lot of money, it ensures you know what’s in your lip balm!
A homemade lip balm recipe makes great gifts and stocking stuffers. We make a batch of 50 or more at a time from our DIY lip balm recipe and keep it on hand to give to people. When I tuck a few extras of my homemade lip balm recipe into my purse, I put my name on mine so I know which I’ve used, then I always have the extras to giveaway when someone needs one.
Yummy DIY Lip Balm Recipe by Mama Z
Have you ever made a DIY lip balm recipe before? If you make mine, I’d love to hear how you liked it!
This recipe is super quick and easy to make, and you can modify it using your own favorite oils. Sometimes we leave out the peppermint and use grapefruit instead!
Ingredients for DIY Essential Oil Lip Balm Recipe
- 1 Tablespoons Beeswax*
- 3 Tablespoons Mama Z’s Oil Base or your favorite carrier oil*
- 2½ teaspoons Shea Butter
- 5 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 2 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 15-16 lip balm tubes or tins
Instructions for DIY Essential Oil Lip Balm Recipe
- Set a glass measuring cup or a jar into a sauce pan with an inch of water in it to create a double boiler. Melt the wax, coconut oil and shea butter in the jar over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the Vitamin E and essential oils.
- Carefully pour into tubes or small tins.
- Let cool.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Avocado, Fractionated Coconut, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
See more Gifts for Men You Can Make Yourself Here!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!