When using my DIY foaming hand soap, it’s like I can feel the suds are washing away the dirt. This simple recipe only calls for three ingredients, plus water, to get your hands squeaky clean.
The Need for Non-Toxic Hand Soap
Most store-bought soups & hand sanitizers are filled with dangerous preservatives and chemicals like:
- Glycol ethers
- And, countless more…
Our friends at MyGreenFills just came out with a truly clean hand soap product & are giving away up to 4 F-R-E-E bottles with every purchase. ($3 per bottle – no subscription required!) which is perfect if you don’t have time to DIY with the recipe below.
When you can make your own, you control the ingredients and eliminate all toxic chemicals from your family’s handwashing routine. See how we easily make our own DIY foaming hand soap with this Mama Z developed recipe below.
You can print the DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe and store in your kitchen drawer for quick access. Try my moisturizing hand cream to keep your skin feeling extra smooth.
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
- Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap
- Fresh frozen aloe or aloe vera gel
- Essential oils*
- Distilled water (optional)
- The exact measurements depend on the size of your foaming soap dispenser.
- Fill the dispenser 3/5 of the way with liquid soap.
- Then, add enough aloe to fill the dispenser ⅘ of the way.
- Top off with essential oils (10 drops for every ounce of your mixture).
- Be sure there's enough room in the bottle to place the pump without overflowing.
- Depending on the thickness of the aloe vera, you may need to add a little water.
- Secure the lid and shake vigorously.
- Use as you would any hand soap.
Christmas Blend – Fir needle (Balsam fir, Douglas fir, white fir), peppermint, and vanilla absolute
Deep Breathing Blend – Cardamom, eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree
Focus Blend – Cedarwood, frankincense, sandalwood, and vetiver
Good Bye Allergy Blend – Lavender, lemon, and peppermint
Healthy Digestion Blend – Anise, caraway, fennel, ginger, lemon, tarragon
Immune Boosting Blend – Cinnamon leaf (bark would be too strong in this recipe), clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, orange, and lemon
Happy Blend – Orange, lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, and vanilla absolute
Sleepy Time Blend – Roman chamomile, lavender, and vetiver
Popular Essential Oils for Hand Soap:
- Lemon, or Lime or Grapefruit
- Tea Tree
- Immunity Blend – Cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, orange and lemon