When using my DIY foaming hand soap, it’s like I can feel the suds are washing away the dirt. This simple recipe only calls for three ingredients, plus water, to get your hands squeaky clean.
The Need for Non-Toxic Hand Soap
Most store-bought soups & hand sanitizers are filled with dangerous preservatives and chemicals like:
- Glycol ethers
- And, countless more…
Our friends at MyGreenFills just came out with a truly clean hand soap product & are giving away up to 4 F-R-E-E bottles with every purchase. ($3 per bottle – no subscription required!) which is perfect if you don’t have time to DIY with the recipe below.
When you can make your own, you control the ingredients and eliminate all toxic chemicals from your family’s hand washing routine. See how we easily make our own DIY foaming hand soap with this Mama Z developed recipe below.
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
You can print the DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe and store in your kitchen drawer for quick access. Try my moisturizing hand cream to keep your skin feeling extra smooth.
- Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap
- Fresh frozen aloe, or aloe vera gel
- essential oils
- water (optional)
- glass foaming soap dispenser OR foaming soap pump to use with Mason jar
- The exact measurements depend on the size of of your foaming soap dispenser.
- Fill the dispenser 3/5 of the way with liquid soap.
- Then, add enough aloe to fill the dispenser ⅘ of the way.
- Top off with essential oils (10 drops for every ounce of your mixture).
- Be sure enough room in the bottle to place the pump without overflowing.
- Depending on the thickness of the aloe vera you use, you may need to add a little water.
- Secure lid and shake vigorously.
- Use soap as needed. 🙂
Popular Essential Oils for Hand Soap:
- Lemon, or Lime or Grapefruit
- Tea Tree
- Immunity Blend – Cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, orange and lemon