Homemade Stuffing Recipe
Author: Mama Z
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 1½ cups celery, chopped (stalks and leaves)
- 1 cup organic butter or coconut oil, or a combination of both
- 2 apples, chopped - one Granny Smith and one gala
- 9 cups soft gluten-free bread cubes cut from homeade or store bought healthy gluten-free bread
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Herbes de Provence or crushed sage leaves*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (omit if you use Herbes de Provence)
- Vegetable broth for consistency
*Do not use sage or sage blends if you are or are entertaining any breastfeeding mothers.
- Sautee the onion and celery in the butter or coconut oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the onion and celery.
- Spread the mixture into a large oiled casserole dish.
- Bake on 350°F in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
If you have other things in the oven for dinner and want everything to be done at the same time then just adjust the length of time accordingly based on the temp. The temperature this can cook at is flexible. So if dinner is cooking at 325°F then cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Make your own herbed butter to enjoy in this dish if you want to take your homemade prowess to the next level! Here are some more of our favorite side dish recipes for you to enjoy!