There’s nothing like a good homemade stuffing – or, if you prefer, homemade dressing – for Thanksgiving dinner. This stuffing is savory with a hint of sweet apple and a satisfying blend of healthy herbs. Serve alongside my homemade gravy recipe.
Homemade Stuffing Recipe
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 1½ cups celery, chopped (stalks and leaves)
- 1 cup organic butter or coconut oil, or a combination of both
- 2 apples, chopped - one Granny Smith and one gala
- 9 cups soft gluten-free bread cubes cut from homeade or store bought healthy gluten-free bread
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Herbes de Provence or crushed sage leaves*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (omit if you use Herbes de Provence)
- Vegetable broth for consistency
- Sautee the onion and celery in the butter or coconut oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the onion and celery.
- Spread the mixture into a large oiled casserole dish.
- Bake on 350°F in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
Make your own herbed butter to enjoy in this dish if you want to take your homemade prowess to the next level! Here are some more of our favorite side dish recipes for you to enjoy!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!