We take this cocoa with us to beach volleyball, school functions, and Christmas parties all winter long. It’s a favorite for family game night, evenings around the fire with some good non-GMO popcorn laden with grass fed butter, and it’s a must on Christmas Eve!
Table of Contents
Healthy Hot Cocoa Recipe?
Let us fill you in on a secret…
Yes, hot cocoa can be healthy and tasty!
We have been perfecting this recipe for years and JUST stumbled upon a new secret ingredient that makes it even tastier and more nutritious! (See below to see how to make it).
You see, new science is forcing everyone to rethink chocolate. Once considered “bad” for you, chocolate is now considered a “superfood.”
That’s right. C-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e.
Say goodbye to those sugary hot cocoa mixed filled with processed ingredients, food colorings, and preservatives.
Delicious Healthy Hot Cocoa Recipe
This recipe makes 4 servings of the best hot cocoa you’ve ever tasted. Seriously, it tastes like marshmallows! Make an extra-large batch to share with friends and be prepared to share the recipe over and over as everyone falls in love with your real hot cocoa. (Seriously, powdered mixes cannot compare!)
- 32 ounces hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup chocolate bone broth protein powder (optional)
- ¼ cup raw organic cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 1 tablespoon raw organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon powdered stevia
- 3 dropperfuls vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- 3 dropperfuls chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil(optional)
- Bring water to a boil and allow to cool for a minute.
- Place the hot water, almond milk, chocolate gold (if using), cacao powder, butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, stevias, and essential oil in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until frothy.
- Top with froth or coconut whipped cream and serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in aglass jar in the refrigerator and rewarmed on the stove.
Chocolate For Rest and Calm?
A great deal of research shows that the active ingredient in chocolate – cocoa could help alleviate a stressful evening when combined with these 9 other superfoods. (1, 2)
This is most likely because:
- Cocoa contains LOTS of magnesium. Magnesium calms the nervous system and most Americans are deficient in magnesium.
- Cocoa is high in tryptophan (the same “sleepy” amino acid in turkey).
- Cocoa does NOT contain caffeine as most people think.
Nope. It’s theobromine, which doesn’t impact the nervous system like caffeine does. Now, here’s how to harness the soothing benefits of cocoa, turning them into a sleepy-time elixir to knock insomnia’s lights out… You combine cocoa with these 100% organic ingredients.
- Maximum strength turmeric
- Reishi mushroom
- Lemon balm extract
- Turkey tail mushroom
- Coconut milk
Pro-Tip – We recommend using a glass-bodied blender so turmeric won’t discolor the plastic. If you use a Vitamix or other plastic blender you may find the turmeric stain the plastic. You can help avoid this by adding turmeric in the last step or in each cup individually.
Of course, you could shop around for days, desperately searching for these magical sleep-giving potions. Or, you could simply grab the blend that thousands of happily dreaming people are already LOVING! It’s called Organifi Gold Chocolate (aka our favorite Chocolate Elixer Super Food!) and it’s wonderful in our smoothies, homemade puddings and as a restful nighttime drink.
We must say, it tastes AMAZING. It’s warm, chocolatey, and you feel great when you drink it! Best part for keto folks & calorie counters… there’s only 1 gram of sugar!
Natural Living Family “Group Buy Get your Chocolate Elixer Super Food 100% risk-free and enjoy our “Group Buy” discount today. Grab your 30 day supply of Organifi’s Chocolate Gold HERE! If it doesn’t help you feel and sleep better, Organifi will give you a full refund.