If I’m in a pinch, I will use Organicville brand ketchup. But when you can make your own, it’s so much better. My family (especially the kids) really enjoys this condiment on pretty much anything! It’s great to use in your homemade salad dressings like my french dressing recipe, BBQ sauce, or on its own. Making meatloaf? Use your homemade ketchup!
Kid Approved Homemade Ketchup Recipe
For this recipe, feel free to add or subtract from the ingredients to fit your personal tastes. Some people like more or less vinegar. Some people add a tiny bit of mustard powder. A friend of mine caramelizes onions and blends those in instead of using onion powder. I’ve even seen fresh apple cider used instead of the water. This makes it a little sweeter without adding any sugar. Win! Below is what works for our family.
- 7 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup OR raw honey OR 2 Tbsp. coconut crystals /maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1 teaspoon onion, granulated
- 1 serving dried stevia (depends on the brand)
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅔ cup purified/distilled water
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together to a ketchup consistency. If you want a little heat, add the cayenne pepper. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To keep this recipe Fast Track approved remember you’re only using a small amount per serving.