I love cranberry dishes during the holidays. It brings back fond memories of helping my mom in the kitchen during Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner prep, and cranberries are super healthy too!
This gluten-free cranberry pie recipe is actually more like a gooey cake and full of flavor. Try it at your next family get-together. Your loved ones are sure to love it!
Gluten-free Cranberry Pie Recipe
- Coconut-oil or olive-oil cooking spray
- 2 large pasture-raised organic eggs, or 1 tablespoon egg replacer plus 2 tablespoons purified or distilled water
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic cranberries
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup (1 stick) grass-fed butter, melted OR ½ cup raw organic coconut oil AND ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic pure almond extract
- 4 dropperfuls liquid stevia
- 1 or 2 drops orange essential oil
- Mixing bowls
- 9-inch pie pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Alternatively, mix the egg replacer with the water in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts and toss to coat.
- Stir in the melted butter, beaten eggs, almond extract, liquid stevia, and orange essential oil. (If you use frozen cranberries, the mixture will be thick.) Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with Coconut Whipped Cream or Mama Z's Vanilla Ice Cream.
How about you? What are YOUR favorite holiday cranberry recipes?
Like this recipe? Check out these other delicious dessert recipes!