Homemade Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Lemon Blueberry Muffins With Essential Oils
Author: Mama Z
Serves: 12 muffins
- Unrefined (no propellant) coconut oil or olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup raw honeyor Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted OR ½ cup raw organic coconut oil AND ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened organic vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup organic blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut or olive-oil cooking spray. Alternatively, place 12 muffin liners in each cup. Do not spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetener and butter until fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat the egg, then add it to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the almond milk. Add the lemon essential oil and mix until barely combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. I do this by hand so I don’t overmix.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
These muffins make great after school snacks and summer treats. They freeze well, so you can make them ahead to always have something quick, delicious, and healthy on hand.