So many people have requested a homemade remedy to prevent fleas and ticks with essential oils on their dogs. Whether you are just letting your dog outside to run around your yard or plan to take them on a hike with, it’s better to be safe than sorry with a natural tick repellant for dogs. This simple DIY flea and tick repellant for dogs spray can be stored in a glass bottle and sprayed over their fur before going out.
MORE ESSENTIAL OIL USES & RECIPES! For 150+ effective recipes & natural remedies, get a copy of my national bestselling book, The Healing Power of Essential Oils. Buy today to get instant access to $300 in digital bonuses (videos, guides & more) to help you learn how to use essential oils safely & effectively! HealingPowerOfEssentialOils.com
DIY Natural Tick Repellant for Dogs
Keeping your pets safe from outdoor pests that cause lyme disease is imperative while avoiding toxins found in over-the-counter products. Remember dogs have allergies just like we do, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they do not have a negative reaction to any of the essential oils used when making a natural tick repellant for dogs. These essential oils are generally safe for dogs and are wonderful for keeping away those pesky bugs that like to nibble on our canines.
Be careful not to spray around your dog’s face. This DIY natural tick repellant for dogs spray also works on humans! You can spray your shoes and legs before going for a hike and is perfect to take on your summer camping trips.
* This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though. Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties.
Have you made any natural tick repellants for dogs that has worked well for your pet?
Master the Art of Using Essential Oils at Home! To help you reach your health goals with essential oils, please be sure to take the time to learn the fundamentals of aromatherapy. To help you do this, we have created a 10-Part Video Masterclass that we want to give you an opportunity to watch for FREE. This is our gift to you for being part of our Natural Living Family All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!
To learn more about how to use essential oils for pets click here.
DIY Essential Oil Flea & Tick Spray by Mama Z
Ingredients for DIY Essential Oil Flea & Tick Spray
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil*
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil (see note below if using for cats)
- 1 drop of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Geranium Essential Oil
- 8oz glass bottle
Instructions for DIY Essential Oil Flea & Tick Spray
- Mix your four essential oils into the sweet almond oil.
- Add your essential oil mixture into your glass bottle.
- Fill the rest of the 8oz glass bottle with water.
- Shake well before each use.
* This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though.
Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties.
Want tick repellent spray for you and your family? We’ve got a recipe for that too!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE. All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!