Homemade Tick Repellent for Dogs
Keeping your pets safe from outdoor pests that cause lyme disease is imperative while avoiding toxins found in over-the-counter products. Remember dogs have allergies just like we do, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they do not have a negative reaction to any of the essential oils used when making a natural tick repellent for dogs. These essential oils are generally safe for dogs and are wonderful for keeping away those pesky bugs that like to nibble on our canines.
Be careful not to spray around your dog’s face. This DIY natural tick repellent for dogs spray also works on humans! You can spray your shoes and legs before going for a hike and is perfect to take on your summer camping trips.
* This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though. Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties.
Have you made any natural tick repellents for dogs that has worked well for your pet?
NLF Readers Get a FREE Print Copy!
We are on a mission to helping our Natural Living Family community master the art & science of using essential oils to make your own healing remedies and transform your home & body products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces. That's why we are giving you a FREE hard copy of our National Bestselling book.
To learn more about how to use essential oils for pets click here.
Essential Oil Flea & Tick Spray
- 2 tablespoons of Mama Z’s Oil Base or favorite carrier oil*
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil (see note below if using for cats)
- 1 drop of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Geranium Essential Oil
- 8oz glass bottle
- Mix your four essential oils into the sweet almond oil.
- Add your essential oil mixture into your glass bottle.
- Fill the rest of the 8oz glass bottle with water.
- Shake well before each use.
* No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Argan, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.
This spray is perfect for dogs that don’t have fleas yet to keep them repelled on walks and outside! Active infestations might need a bit more aggressiveness though. Also, cats are sensitive to oils high in d-limonene so rather than grapefruit, I’d recommend cedarwood oil for kitties.
Want tick repellent spray for you and your family? We’ve got a recipe for that too!
Learn how to make your own healing remedies, convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!