If you have detoxed your laundry room you probably got rid of any chemical stain remover. If you have an active family you’ll definitely need something to fight stains. Here’s how to make a homemade stain remover for clothes, and even better, you can use all natural ingredients!
Below are the actual recipes for homemade stain remover for clothes; but first here are some tips to help with any stain:
- As with any new product, it’s best to do a spot check first.
- Applying stain remover to BOTH sides of the cloth really helps.
- If it’s a body related stain you can add some vegetable glycerin to help fight the stain.
- With these DIY recipes, it’s best to make a small batch for short-term use because the hydrogen peroxide doesn’t stay full strength for long. It can last for a week under the right conditions.
- If it’s a stubborn stain you might need to reapply and repeat. With a lighter stain you can just throw the clothes into the wash.
- If the stain is an oily one you can sprinkle it with cornstarch, arrowroot powder, or diatomaceous earth to help soak up the oil. These can be used with the spray homemade stain remover for clothes.
Homemade Stain Remover Spray by Mama Z
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup castille soap
- ½ cup hydrogen peroxide
- about 2 drops lemon essential oil – optional but it adds extra anti-bacterial, anti-stain power.
- Mix your ingredients together.
- Put in glass spray bottle – dark glass or covered with a dark bag and store in a dark place at room temperature to help the peroxide last longer.
- Gently shake before use.
- If it’s a liquid stain, blot as much of it as you can first.
- Spray and let the spray sit for about 5 min.
- Scrub with your finger, a soft brush, or rub with a rag.
If you don’t have time to DIY your laundry products – shop at a store you can trust. We use MyGreenFills for safe laundry products delivered to our door.
Natural Living Family MyGreenFills Group Buy! When you try MyGreenFills HERE, you’ll get 50 loads FREE! We know you’ll love the safe, healthy ingredients and to-your-door convenience as much as we do.
Homemade Stain Remover For Clothes
You might have seen a DIY recipe for homemade stain remover for clothes that uses Dawn detergent. This recipe replaces the Dawn with natural castille soap.
Ingredients for Homemade Stain Remover Gel
- 1 tablespoon castille soap
- 2 tbsp Hydrogen Peroxide
- approx 2 tbsp baking soda
Instructions for Homemade Stain Remover Gel
- Mix detergent and peroxide in a glass container.
- Add baking soda until it is the consistency you want.
- Apply with fingers, spoon, or soft brush.
- Let sit for a little while, then wash the clothing as you normally would.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!