Can essential oils for high blood sugar be used to manage blood sugar levels? Research suggests they can! This is great news for diabetics who struggle daily with inconsistent blood sugar levels.
Essential Oils for High Blood Sugar Synergy
One of the most intriguing things about essential oils for high blood sugar is the effect of synergy, which is the phenomenon in which combinations of oils work together to make even stronger effects. That’s why we’re so frequently making blends and formulas of oils rather than just using one here and another there. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
One prominent study out of Georgetown in 2005 took note of the benefits of synergy when they studied essential oils for high blood sugar and diabetes. Instead of isolating a single oil for their research, they experimented with blends of multiple oils that have been suggested as beneficial for diabetes (source):
- Blend 1 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin and fennel.
- Blend 2 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin, myrtle,
allspice and ginger.
- Blend 3 was composed of pumpkinseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin and myrtle.
All of the essential oils for high blood sugar blends were able to improve insulin sensitivity when taken internally, which can be replicated by including oil blends diluted into a carrier and consumed in capsules, drinks, and recipes. Alternatively, you can create a body oil and apply with similar results!
For even more information, check out my article on 6 Ways to Use Essential Oils for Diabetes Management.
Make Your Own Essential Oils for High Blood Sugar Balancing Body Oil by Dr. Z
Ingredients for Blood Sugar Balancing Body Oil
- 2 ounce carrier oil (we use Mama Z’s Base)
- 3 drops cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- 2 drops cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- 2 drops fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
- 2 drops melissa (Melissa officinalis)
- 2 drops myrtle (Myrtus communis)
- 2 drops oregano (Origanum vulgare)
- Glass bottle
Instructions for Blood Sugar Balancing Body Oil
- Drop essential oils into a medium glass bowl.
- Add in carrier oil and mix.
- Between blood sugar tests, massage over abdomen and lower back twice a day for one month.
- Store in glass jar or in a lotion dispenser.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!