Bumps and bruises can be minor and fixed with mama’s kisses, or they can be major wounds that take weeks to heal. Either way, you’re going to love this roll-on remedy made from essential oils for bruises. Make it ahead and put it in your first aid kit to have at the ready!
Essential Oils for Bruises
Bumps and bruises happen, especially if you live an active, healthy lifestyle. When our kids fall or Sabrina or I bump our shins on the furniture, we reach for the arnica oil. This helps almost immediately with the pain and swelling from inflammation. You wouldn’t want to use it on an open wound, however, because arnica should only be applied to unbroken skin.
If it seems like more than a minor glancing blow that is going to need a little extra help, there are essential oils for bruising that can help. We love to promote healing with helichrysum – the so-called “fountain of youth” oil. Cypress is one of the healing oils of the Bible, for good reason. The anti-inflammatory benefits are perfect for healing. And of course lavender is calming and also helps to prevent inflammation.
Bruise Healing Roll-On
- 10ml glass roller bottle
- 2 drops of helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops of cypress essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Arnica infused carrier oil
- Add essential oils to roller bottle, then top off with the arnica infused carrier oil. Insert roller ball, close cap, and turn back and forth gently to combine.
- Roll gently on bruise for relief.
*** No matter what allergies you may have, there’s a carrier oil that’s right for you. You can use any, or a combination of these: Argan, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond.