Summer holidays are a special tradition for us in America, and we can truly enjoy them without risk of harm & these 4th of July safety tips will help you.
- Picnics and BBQ!
- Watermelon and ice cream!
- Swimming, boating, and tossing the baseball around with friends!
The purpose – Americans are celebrating our freedom! The fact is, next to eating an Oscar Meyer wiener at a ball game, there’s nothing more American than doing it up BIG for the Fourth of July!
A Sobering, Serious Reality
Sadly, it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Literally.
The National Safety Council (NSC) (1) has reported that the Fourth of July is the “Most Dangerous Holiday of the Year” and we should all take safety measures so we don’t become a statistic this year.
Why does this happen?
During this holiday, the NSC estimates more than 200 traffic fatalities and 10,000 nonfatal traffic injuries will take place for the reason that alcohol, driving and fireworks create a deadly mix.
Nearly half of the ER visits for firework-related injuries each year take place with children 15 years old and younger because of the deadly combination of kids and fireworks. The immanent situation of being in large crowds, handling food-related hazards, plus dealing with some of Mother Nature’s more hidden dangers adds insult to injury to an already hurting holiday get together.
July 4th Safety Tips
These tips will help you enjoy a great worry-free holiday weekend:
It’s simple: Drink responsibly (or don’t drink at all) and NEVER drive under the influence.
Let common sense be your guide.
- Stay clear of people who are yelling, showing off and are obviously drunk. You don’t want you or your children accidentally hurt if a fight breaks out.
- Have a firm grip of where your wallet, keys and kids are at all times.
- If your young kids are runners, put them on leashes! Those teddy bear backpack leashes are adorable and will help to make sure your children don’t get out of your sight.
According to the NSC, the safest way to enjoy fireworks is to watch them set off by professionals at a public display. However, if fireworks are legal where you live and you decide to use them:
- Remember to never allow young children to play with fireworks.
- Older children should only be allowed to use them under close supervision.
- Do not allow any running or horseplay while fireworks are being used.
- Light fireworks outdoors away from people, houses and flammable materials.
- Light one device at a time – no rapid firing.
- Follow instructions and never ignite devices in a container.
- Never re-light or handle fireworks that didn’t go off the first time around.
- Soak malfunctioning devices with water and throw them away safely.
- Make sure you have a large bucket of water nearby just in case.
- If any accidents do happen, have a phone nearby to call 911.
- Even though your teens may not think that wearing a life vest is “cool,” everyone in a boat, waterski, or canoe wears one. Period.
- Stay clear of the deep woods unless you’re well protected with long sleeves and pants. Bug bites and bee stings hurt, and sometimes they can be deadly.
- If you or your children are allergic to these nasty critters, be sure you have an Epipen or prescription medication on hand in the cooler.
- Remember to schedule sunscreen alerts on your phone. That way you won’t forget to put it on every few hours, and you’ll welcome the reminder to help keep a nasty sunburn at bay.
- Be cautious when preparing food for the day. Nothing spoils a good picnic like spoiled food!
- Keep your cooler out of the sun and load it with plenty of ice.
- When you get the munchies at the end of the day, it’s better to be safe than sorry. If the potato salad has been out all day, toss it and grab some chips instead!
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!