And the inspiration hit me! Mix the sweet potatoes with my normal recipe. And guess what? EVERYONE loved it! Praise Jesus for caring about the “little” things!
Since then, I always mix different kinds of potatoes when I make potato salad and yams/sweet potatoes give this traditional favorite that special touch of natural, tasty sweetness.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Southern Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 organic, free-range eggs
- 5 red potatoes and 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes (only use sweet potatoes while on Fast Track)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup Veganaise ® grapeseed oil or mayonnaise
- 1 pickle, diced
- 1⁄3 cup dill or sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared honey or yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Dried dill to garnish
- Paprika to garnish
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1-inch.
- Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Pour out the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink and put in ice cubes.
- Peel and chop the cooled eggs with an egg slicer.
- Slice them in both direction to create dices.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and refrigerate until cold.
- Peel and cube once cold.
- Stir together celery, Veganaise ® grapeseed oil or mayonnaise, pickle, relish, mustard, sea salt, pepper, dill, paprika, and celery seed in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and potatoes; stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
What’s your favorite potato salad recipe? Let me know if you try this one!