And the inspiration hit me! Mix the sweet potatoes with my normal recipe. And guess what? EVERYONE loved it! Praise Jesus for caring about the “little” things!
Since then, I always mix different kinds of potatoes when I make potato salad and yams/sweet potatoes give this traditional favorite that special touch of natural, tasty sweetness.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Southern Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 5 organic red potatoes and 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 stalk organic celery, diced
- 1 cup soy-free Veganaise or your preferred avocado-oil or grapeseed oil vegan mayonnaise
- 1 organic pickle, diced
- ½ cuporganic dill relish
- 2 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ⅛ teaspoon organic ground paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon organic celery seed
- Dried dill, to garnish
- Fresh dill, to garnish
- Paprika, to garnish
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Place the eggs into a saucepan. Fill the pot with water until it covers the eggs by one inch.
- Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot water and cool the eggs by running cold water over them, then add ice cubes.
- Peel and chop the eggs with an egg slicer. First, slice them one way, then the other to create dices.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, lower the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender. This takes 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the water and refrigerate the potatoes until cold. Once chilled, peel and cut them into cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the celery, vegan mayonnaise, pickle, relish, mustard, sea salt, pepper, dill, paprika, and celery seed.
- Add the eggs and potatoes. Stir until evenly mixed. Place in a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with dill and paprika. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite potato salad recipe? Let me know if you try this one!