Cocktail Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound 100% grass fed ground beef
- ⅓ cup onion, minced or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ½ cup gluten-free bread crumbs or rice flour
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped OR 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, crushed OR 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) jar grape all fruit (about 1 cup)
- Mix ingredients together (except chili sauce and grape jelly), and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake for 30-45 minutes at 375ºF.
- After they are cooked, they can be put in a glass container and frozen until needed.
- Heat chili sauce and jelly in a skillet, stirring constantly, until jelly is melted.
- Add meatballs and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
Recipe makes 60 meatballs
Hamburger Patty Option
You can alter this recipe to make hamburger patties to serve on gluten-free buns or over a bed of lettuce. The only change required is to add one additional egg to the above recipe. Another fun option when turning the cocktail meatballs recipe into hamburgers is to exchange your pink Himalayan sea salt for Smoked Applewood sea salt to give your burgers a slightly different flavor.
Do you serve your meatballs over a bowl of pasta with spaghetti sauce or as an appetizer with dipping sauce?