Protein Power Bites
Make a batch over the weekend and store it in the refrigerator to snack on all week. You can carry these with you to work. The longer they stay out of the fridge the softer they become.
- 10 organic dried apricots, chopped
- 5 organic dried dates, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons purified or distilled water
- ½ cup organic rolled oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons organic flax meal
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons all-natural, unsweetened nut butter
- Small handful of organic dried cranberries, chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer the apricots until mushy. You may have to add more water to reach the right consistency.
- Add the apricots and dates to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Place the puree, oats, flax meal, coconut, and nut butter in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Roll the mixture into bite-size balls and refrigerate.