Cacoa and Avocados
Researchers have shown that eating the right types of chocolate can help boost brain and cardiovascular function. (source, source) We prefer organic, raw cacao and have found that mixing it with avocados creates a culinary delight is made! No wonder because avocados are brain-boosting and heart-supporting fruit that is full of healthy fat. Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on the planet, and are filled with a significant amount of nutrients including:
- Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K
In fact, you would need to eat two or three bananas to meet the potassium content of just one avocado! When including avocados in your meal plan, remember that they are in the fruit family. The United States have all but banished avocados to salads and tacos, but in most countries, they are used quite regularly in desserts. Their mild flavor, texture and creamy consistency when mixed properly provide an excellent addition to many favorite treats – and is a staple in our chocolate puddin’ recipe!
Dr. Z’s Chocolate Avocado Puddin’
This is a wonderful (healthy) treat for picky eaters and the PERFECT mid-day pick-me-up snack.
- 4 medium-sized avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 small ripe banana
- ¼ cup Chocolate Gold (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raw cacao powder
- Handful raw organic spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3 dropperfuls vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- 3 dropperfuls chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- Unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- Place all ingredients but the milk in a high-powered blender (we use a VitaMix) or food processor.
- Add enough milk to cover ingredients.
- If omitting Chocolate Gold, use more cacao powder to taste.
- Blend until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the processor several times with a silicone spatula.
- Add additional coconut milk as needed to create the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately; keep any leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to three days.
--> "High Octane": Add ½ cup organic, fair trade coffee and use a bit less milk.
--> "Red Velvet": Add 1 small organic beet root, chopped.
--> For desert, top with coconut whipped cream.
Chocolate for Rest and Calm?
This is most likely because:
- Cocoa contains LOTS of magnesium. Magnesium calms the nervous system and most Americans are deficient in magnesium.
- Cocoa is high in tryptophan (the same “sleepy” amino acid in turkey).
- Cocoa does NOT contain caffeine, like most people think.
Nope. It’s theobromine, which doesn’t impact the nervous system like caffeine does. Now, here’s how to harness the soothing benefits of cocoa, turning them into a sleepy-time elixir to knock insomnia’s lights out… You combine cocoa with these 100% organic ingredients:
- Maximum strength turmeric
- Reishi mushroom
- Lemon balm extract
- Turkey tail mushroom
- Coconut milk
Of course, you could shop around for days, desperately searching for these magical sleep-giving potions. Or ,you could simply grab the blend that thousands of happily dreaming people are already LOVING! It’s called Organifi Gold Chocolate (aka our favorite Chocolate Elixer Super Food!) and it’s wonderful in our smoothies, homemade puddings and as a restful nighttime drink.
We must say, it tastes AMAZING. It’s warm, chocolatey, and you feel great when you drink it! Best part for keto folks & calorie counters… there’s only 1 gram of sugar!
Natural Living Family “Group Buy Get your Chocolate Elixer Super Food 100% risk-free and enjoy our “Group Buy” discount today. Grab your 30 day supply of Organifi’s Chocolate Gold HERE! If it doesn’t help you feel and sleep better, Organifi will give you a full refund.