Although I’m not Latino, you’d never know after you try my homemade guacamole. Try it today and let me know how you love it!
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 3 Tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 drops lime or lemon essential oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1-2 drops cilantro or coriander essential oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- In a large bowl or Cuisinart food processor/Blender - place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice AND lime essential oil.
- Mash with potato masher or pulse with the Cuisinart Food Processor/Blender and add salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash or pulse again.
- Then put in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, coriander essential oil, and garlic.
- Add additional lime essential oil if desired to taste.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
Pro-Tip – We recommend using a glass-bodied blender so essential oils won’t discolor the plastic. If you use a Vitamix or other plastic blender you may find the EOs stain the plastic. You can help avoid this by adding essential oil in the last step or in each cup individually.
Have you made guacamole before? Let me know if you try this recipe!
Check out some more of my favorite appetizer recipes!