Looking for healthy breakfast ideas? Nothing beats gluten free baked apple pancakes for breakfast!
Sundays at our house we try to enjoy a special breakfast or brunch after church. It’s a family tradition that the kids love. Usually Mama Z makes up her famous gluten free waffles and I’ll fry up some eggs and turkey bacon. Sometimes, we’ll mix it up and have a quiche. When Mama Z’s not home, I like to let my creative genius flow!
Make Mealtime A Family Event
We do ALL kinds of fun and messy stuff at home when Mama’s not around. The kids love it and so do I, as long as we clean up before Mama gets home!!
Here’s our newest family creation: Apple Pancakes with coconut milk Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream for breakfast!
Healthy Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten free flour *
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered stevia, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons Kerry Gold butter, coconut oil or a mixture of both
- 1 medium sized apple (peeled, cored and sliced)
- Almonds and pecans for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In Magic Bullet or blender blend flour, milk, eggs, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt butter, coconut oil (or a mixture of the two) into a 8 or 9 inch round glass baking dish.
- Spread butter to coat entire dish.
- Place apples on bottom of baking dish, sprinkling stevia and pumpkin pie spice on the apples.
- Pour pancake batter on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of oven and immediately flip upside down on a plate to cool.
- * For crispy apples, an alternative method is to put the batter in first, then layer the apples on top.
What dishes do YOU like to make with YOUR kids?