Looking for healthy breakfast ideas? Nothing beats gluten free baked apple pancakes for breakfast!
Sundays at our house we try to enjoy a special breakfast or brunch after church. It’s a family tradition that the kids love. Usually Mama Z makes up her famous gluten free waffles and I’ll fry up some eggs and turkey bacon. Sometimes, we’ll mix it up and have a quiche. When Mama Z’s not home, I like to let my creative genius flow!
Make Mealtime A Family Event
We do ALL kinds of fun and messy stuff at home when Mama’s not around. The kids love it and so do I, as long as we clean up before Mama gets home!!
Here’s our newest family creation: Apple Pancakes with coconut milk Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream for breakfast!
Healthy Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
- ½ teaspoon powdered stevia
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour*
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs OR 1 tablespoon egg replacer and 4 tablespoons purified or distilled water
- Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed organic butter OR 1 tablespoon raw organic coconut oil AND a pinch of freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 medium organic apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds or raw pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the flour, stevia, almond milk, eggs, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt the butter in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the butter to coat the entire dish.
- Place the apples on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the nuts (if using), and the remaining pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Pour the batter over the apples, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and immediately flip upside down on a large plate to cool.
For crispy apples, put the batter in first, then layer the apples on top.
What dishes do YOU like to make with YOUR kids?