Gluten Free Blueberry Buckle
Blueberry Buckle Recipe: The Best Gluten-Free Dessert!
Author: Mama Z
Serves: 8 servings
- Unrefined (no propellant) coconut oil or olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ cup organic coconut sugar or Christmas Cookie Blend
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter, softened or raw organic coconut oil plus ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg OR 1 ½ teaspoons egg replacer PLUS 2 tablespoons purified or distilled water
- ½ cup full-fat organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 cups organic blueberries, well-drained
- ½ cup organic coconut sugar or Christmas Cookie Blend
- ⅓ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon organic ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter, softened or raw organic coconut oil
- 9 x 9-inch pan
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 9-inch pan with olive or coconut-oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix again.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mint.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, and sea salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, make the topping. Mix the coconut sugar, flour, and cinnamon until well combined. Add the butter and cut in with a knife until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping onto the batter, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
After baking your gluten-free blueberry buckle, try my blueberry vanilla power smoothie.