- 3 organic tomatoes, hulled and sliced thinly
- Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh organic thyme, chopped
- Fresh organic chives, chopped
- Fresh organic basil, chopped
- Fresh organic parsley, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic, Bragg apple cider, or herbal vinegar
- Kitchen knives
- Large platter
- Hull the center of the tomato, then thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange them on a large platter.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with sea salt, white pepper, and a little thyme. Cover generously with freshly chopped chives, basil, and parsley.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and herbs with extra-virgin olive oil and vinegar. Let the salad stand for 15-30 minutes. Enjoy!
For the tastiest tomatoes, look for heirloom breeds. These tomatoes are sometimes oddly shaped and funny colors, but they are sweeter than any tomato you’ll find in the grocery store! The multi-colors make a beautiful salad too.
What would you serve with a fresh tomato salad? Tell me in the comments or over on my Facebook page, Mama Z’s Recipes!