DIY Vegan Taco Dip
What is your favorite ingredient to use in your tacos?
Healthy Taco Layered Dip: The BEST South of the Border Dinner!
Author: Mama Z
Serves: 8 servings
- ½ cup raw organic brown basmati rice
- Grass-fed butter or raw organic coconut oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic vegetarian refried black beans
- 3 large organic Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 3 drops lime essential oil
- 3 drops cilantro essential oil
- 8 ounces soy-free Veganaise or your preferred avocado-oil or grapeseed oil vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Mama Z's Taco Seasoning, or preservative-free taco seasoning such as Primal Palate organic
- 1 (4-ounce) can organic fire-roasted green chile peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 medium or 5 small organic Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup pitted and sliced organic black olives, plus more (optional) for serving
- 2 cups shredded dairy-free Cheddar-style cheese alternative*
- 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan set over high heat, bring 1 cup water to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and add the rice and a tablespoon of butter. Cover and cook for 10 to 14 minutes. (It can be slightly undercooked as it will absorb more liquid while it bakes.)
- Spread an even layer of the refried beans on the bottom of an 8 x8 x 2-inch baking dish. Cover with the cooked rice.
- Place the avocados in a food processor or a bowl. Add the lime juice and the essential oils and blend or mash until well combined. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the rice.
- Blend the vegan mayonnaise and the taco seasoning together in a bowl or food processor. Spread evenly over the avocado layer. In the food processor, blend the chiles and tomatoes together and layer them evenly over the taco seasoning, followed with a layer of black olives.
- Top off with the Cheddar-style shreds.
- Bake for 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how crisp you want the cheese.
- Serve with gluten-free taco chips, extra olives, and sliced avocado, or over a salad.
*Good brands of dairy-free cheese include Kite Hill, Daiya, So Delicious, Violife Foods, and Follow Your Heart.