Case in point…
Just this past month, the Journal of the American Heart Association published a study highlighting that eating dark chocolate can help people with peripheral artery disease walk better. It may sound a little far-fetched, but when you realize that the chemical compounds in cocoa can literally reverse oxidative damage in your blood vessels, it’s no wonder why the Aztecs and Mayans used the cocoa bean as currency! This research project is particularly interesting because the study volunteers who ate milk chocolate experienced absolutely no change, whereas the folks who ate dark chocolate benefited significantly. This is important because most milk chocolate products out there are full of horrible ingredients like non-organic, pasteurized milk and sugar, which will deplete your body of nutrition instead and can cause a variety of health concerns.
Healthy Fudge Cups Recipe
For those of you who love chocolate and are looking for vegan, sugar-free ideas, then look no further!
Try this super tasty and HEALTHY chocolate fudge cups recipe by my very talented little-sister-in-Christ, Kelcie Morgan, and see for yourself just how awesome allergy-friendly chocolate can be! She has one of my favorite food blogs “Kelcie’s Kreations.”
- 1 cup raw organic coconut oil, softened
- ⅔ cup organic coconut butter
- ⅔ cup raw almond butter
- ¼ cup raw local organic honey
- ¼ cup Super Greens Powder
- ½ cup raw organic cacao powder
- 25 drops vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon organic pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw slivered almonds
- Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, honey, Super Greens Powder, cacao powder, stevia, vanilla, coconut flakes, and slivered almonds.
- Spoon into a muffin tin lined with muffin cups.
- Lightly sprinkle salt on top and freeze for 30 minutes.
How about you? What’s YOUR favorite healthy chocolate recipe?
Like this recipe? Check out these other delicious desserts for yourself!