Not summer? No problem. Frozen fruits work well too.
Here’s the recipe for one of our family’s favorite power breakfast beverages, made with blueberries!
Blueberry Power Smoothie Recipe
- To a blender or Vitamix add the ingredients above and mix, starting on lowest setting.
- Increase speed quickly to high until smooth and creamy.
Why are these ingredients so beneficial?
Bioactive Foods – This smoothie is just chock full of healthy bioactive foods. Bioactive compounds, are phytochemicals (plant-based chemicals) that help boost metabolism, prevent disease and make you feel great! Examples you may be familiar with include fiber, essential oils, carotenoids, polyphenols, and more. When we consume foods that are rich in bioactive compounds, we give our bodies the fuel it needs for true health and wellness. Our book, The Essential Oils Diet, explains this in detail.
Blueberries – There are many health benefits to blueberries, in addition to their delicious taste! Blueberries are very high in antioxidants and gallic acid which have been linked to mental health and wellness, anti-aging properties and more.
Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, an important mineral for a healthy endocrine system, including thyroid health. Almonds are a delicious alternative that we use often, including in our healthy nut snack recipe.
Kale – Kale has healthy benefits galore and adds a lot to this smoothie recipe. In the cruciferous vegetable family, it is a superfood that will boost your immune system, help decrease your risk of cancer, and provide many vitamins and minerals. It is on the Dirty Dozen list, so be sure to look for an organic source.
How about you? What are YOUR favorite summer blender treats?
We love adding superfood powder to our smoothie mixes. Try making your own Green Superfood Mix.
- Lemon Cooler – This recipe is soothing, refreshing, and a citrus burst of energy on a lazy summer afternoon. Perfect to help cool you off and energize you.
- Red-Green Smoothie – Another way to use the superfood green powder, this is a delicious smoothie for any time of the year.
- Iced Latte – When you need a pick-me-up but don’t want a hot cup of coffee, this organic, iced latte recipe is allergy-free and delicious!
- Summer Berry Smoothie – Use garden-fresh produce to enhance your summer drinks with this favorite treat.
- Detox or Post-Workout Water Recipe – Stay hydrated with this essential oil detox water recipe!
You might enjoy this watermelon and blueberry salad also. YUM!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!