This homemade tile cleaner recipe is simple to put together. Just a few ingredients that you probably have in your cabinet and you will have sparkling tile in no time.
Essential Oils for Cleaning
When it comes to creating homemade bathroom cleaners the best way to avoid toxic chemicals in most commercial cleaners is to use essential oils known for their cleaning power. Here are some of my favorites to use in my homemade bathroom cleaners.
- Tea Tree – Tea tree essential oil is a proven anti-bacterial choice…a must for a homemade bathroom cleaner! BONUS: It’s also great for fungal control which will help prevent mildew in a moisture-rich environment like the bathroom.
- Citrus oils – Lemon, orange or other citrus oils are powerful cleaning agents. Plus, I just love the uplifting scent of lemon for a homemade bathroom cleaner. This is a go-to for household cleaning sprays I make for myself.
Other essential oils you could turn to have proven anti-microbial or anti-bacterial properties and could be used in homemade tile cleaner sprays include: oregano, lavender, geranium, peppermint, clove, and turmeric. Personalizing your cleaning spray is easy to do when you’re making it yourself.
Homemade Tile Cleaner Solution
Which essential oil do you add to your DIY tile cleaner? This homemade cleaner is great for cleaning your bath tub and when used on grout.
Also check out my bug repellent floor cleaner when dealing with pests.
Ingredients for Homemade Tile Cleaner
- 2 Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 20 drops of essential oils*
- gallon of hot water
- glass bowl, mop bucket or spray bottle
Instructions for Homemade Tile Cleaner
- Fill mop bucket or glass bowl with hot water first to prevent bubbles.
- Add vinegar and essential oils.
- Stir well.
- Use to mop your tile floor or clean your bath tub.
- If you prefer a spray for your shower tile, use the same steps to mix in a spray bottle and apply to bathroom tiles as needed.
* Essential Oils for Cleaning:
- Tea Tree – is an anti-fungal and kills mold
- Lemon – kills bacteria
- Eucalyptus – kills dust mites
- Pine or Fir Needle – antiseptic and leaves a pleasant smell
- Citronella – wards off bugs
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!