This all natural homemade dish soap recipe will clean off the grim and leave your dishes sparkling. Use a pump or two in a sink with water to hand wash dishes or simply add a dash to your cleaning brush to scrub your pots and pans.
Hidden Kitchen Toxins
There are some surprising sources of toxins hiding in the heart of your home – the kitchen. Cleaners are the top of the list, but not the only source. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Cleaners – Avoid ammonium, SLS/SLES and other harsh cleaning agents whenever possible. This DIY recipe makes it super simple.
- Water – We can’t live without water for long but one thing our research has proven is that not all water is created equal. Tap water can be full of unseen chemicals.
- Cookware – When you wash your dishes, are you washing toxic cookware? Some of the most popular types of pots and pans are actually quite harmful!
When it comes to washing dishes, using a homemade dish soap allows you to eliminate harmful chemicals, personalize it with your favorite scent, and mix up a batch whenever you need it.
Homemade Dish Soap
Tea Tree essential oil an anti-fungal and lemon essential oil is known to kill off bacteria. Plus, the fresh scent is sure to be uplifting while doing a chore you may not love. Any citrus essential oil will do the trick if you don’t have lemon on hand.
- 16oz Glass Bottle with Pump
- ½ cup Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Pour your liquid castile soap and vegetable glycerin in your glass bottle.
- Add the 8 drops of your essential oils.
- Fill the remaining space in the bottle with water, allowing enough room for the pump.
- Replace the pump and lid.
- Shake well.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!