Does your family love granola? For us, it's a healthy alternative to cereal for those on-the-run breakfasts when you're craving a little crunch! This healthy homemade granola recipe is really easy to make and it's so much cheaper than the organic brands in the store. And did I mention it's a gluten-free granola recipe? Win!
Customize Your Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe!
The great thing about granola is you can start with a base then customize with your favorite nuts, dried fruits, some coconut, or even a few healthy chocolate chips. I like to change it up. Sometimes we use sliced almonds. Sometimes chopped pecans. Often we add chia seeds for their benefits. You can use half raw local honey and half maple syrup, or all maple syrup.
This gluten free granola recipe is fantastic mixed with plain dairy-free yogurts like Daiya or our homemade almond milk.
- 7 cups organic rolled oats (quick oats, or regular, depending on how chewy you like your granola)
- ½ cup coconut oil, or 1 stick raw grass-fed butter
- ½ cup raw local honey
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 TBS chia seeds (optional)
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- : Optional
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans or slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped organic dried fruit, raisins, or chocolate chips
- Mix together the oats, oil or butter, honey, maple syrup, salt, chia seeds if desired, and vanilla.
- Distribute evenly into 2-3 large baking dishes or roasting pans and bake at 225-250 for a couple of hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes, until everything is dry and crunchy. It should be lightly golden, but not brown. A few minutes before you think it's done you can add the coconut and nuts and toast them a little too.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding chopped dried fruit or chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. If you'd like it to last longer you can leave out the fruit till later and put some in the freezer!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!