Burning incense for religious rituals and meditation has been practiced since the beginning of recorded history. It seems like every culture has adopted various aromatic experiences to help facilitate a higher level of consciousness. More than just an ethereal, overtly spiritual practice there are an abundance of physical benefits to entering a meditative state of mind with essential oils for meditation.
The Importance of Emotional Mindfulness
When you begin to become more mindful of your emotional state, that may mean that you don’t always like what you see. As you increase your mindfulness, you will find that you want to detox from those negative emotions that you know are harmful to your well-being.
Anyone experiencing negative emotions or thoughts should consider an emotional cleanse because toxic thoughts and feelings will snuff out the meditative state like few things can. There are lots of emotions that can be included in the “negative” category, including:
Overtime, any or all of these negative emotions can build up and begin to harm our mental and physical health, which is emotional detoxification is key to enjoying the Abundant Life.
Meditation & Mindfulness Inhaler Blend
Essentially, anything that can slow down those wayward thoughts and get you focused on whatever you are trying to be mindful of is key.
Tradition tells us that the several essential oils for calming the mind like frankincense and ylang ylang can help place you in the frame of mind that you need to be to reach that higher state of consciousness.
To help you reach a more meditative mindset, make this On-the-Go Mindfulness Inhaler and keep it on hand because you just don’t know when you may need it!
- Aromatherapy inhaler (super fancy, OR budget friendly)
- 5 drops vetiver essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 3 drop patchouli essential oil
- 3 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 3 drops yuzu or neroli essential oil
- Place cotton pad in inhaler tube.
- Add drops of essential oils directly in the tube on the cotton pad.
- Open inhaler, close eyes, and take a few deep breaths for an immediate “escape” and to enter into a meditative, mindful state.
- Store in purse and be sure to have one handy at work.
Remember when you practice this, mindfulness impacts eating habits, relationships, and all areas of your life.