Burning incense for religious rituals and meditation has been practiced since the beginning of recorded history. It seems like every culture has adopted various aromatic experiences to help facilitate a higher level of consciousness. More than just an ethereal, overtly spiritual practice there are an abundance of physical benefits to entering a meditative state of mind with essential oils for meditation.
Table of Contents on Essential Oils for Meditation and Mindfulness
Essential Oils for Meditation: Emotional Detoxification
Anyone experiencing negative emotions or thoughts should consider an emotional cleanse because toxic thoughts and feelings will snuff out the meditative state like few things can. There are lots of emotions that can be included in the “negative” category, including:
Overtime, any or all of these negative emotions can build up and begin to harm our mental and physical health, which is emotional detoxification is key to enjoying the Abundant Life.
Want to learn more about toxic emotions and how to detox them?
- Emotional Detoxing: What it is and what it is not
- Emotional Cleansing: Why it is necessary
- Emotional Detox: How to do it effectively
- Taking Care of Your Emotional Needs: Best practices
Click HERE to learn more!
Essential Oils for Meditation: On-the-Go Mindfulness Inhaler
Essentially, anything that can slow down those wayward thoughts and get you focused on whatever you are trying to be mindful of is key.
Tradition tells us that the several essential oils for calming the mind like frankincense and ylang ylang can help place you in the frame of mind that you need to be to reach that higher state of consciousness.
To help you reach a more meditative mindset, make this On-the-Go Mindfulness Inhaler and keep it on hand because you just don’t know when you may need it!
Essential Oils for Meditation: Mindfulness Blend by Mama Z
Ingredients for Essential Oil Blend for Meditation and Mindfulness
- Aromatherapy inhaler (super fancy, OR budget friendly)
- 5 drops vetiver essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 3 drop patchouli essential oil
- 3 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 3 drops yuzu or neroli essential oil
Instruction for Essential Oil Blend for Meditation and Mindfulness
- Place cotton pad in inhaler tube.
- Add drops of essential oils directly in the tube on the cotton pad.
- Open inhaler, close eyes, and take a few deep breaths for an immediate “escape” and to enter into a meditative, mindful state.
- Store in purse and be sure to have one handy at work.
Remember when you practice this, mindfulness impacts eating habits, relationships, and all areas of your life.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!