An infection left untreated can be dangerous, even deadly. But, if caught quickly, many can be treated naturally and overcome. These days we are often given antibiotics to counter infections, but these medications can end up doing more harm than good, killing off our body’s good bacteria as well as the bad we’re working to combat. When we treat naturally with things like essential oils for infections we’re giving our bodies the tools to do the fighting on their own as essential oil infection relief.
Table of Contents
The Power of Garlic for Infections
One of the most common questions I’m asked about essential oils is which are the best for infections, and how to use them. And while there are several that are powerful for fighting infection, I tend to take a more holistic approach using essential oils as just one of the tools to fight infection!
A few of the other things I bring to the battle are high doses of vitamin C and whole garlic. Known as the “Kitchen Health Miracle”, garlic is commonly used to fight colds, flus, sore throats, ear infections, and more! Although the oil has its place, good ol’ fashioned garlic that you grow in your backyard is all you really need without having to worry about the mess and pounds of garlic you’ll need to extract the oil to battle an infection
Treating Infections Without Antibiotics
Do you know how to treat common injuries and infections without the help of a doctor or antibiotics? Could you avoid exposing your child or elderly mom to DEADLY secondary infections?
Perhaps by treating them at home instead of dragging them to hospitals, which are known breeding grounds for antibiotic resistant bacteria!
The answer is yes, without a doubt. There are essential oils that will help fight microbes
Best Essential Oils for Infections
One topic Marjory doesn’t cover in great detail is how to use essential oils to combat infection in her Ten-Lesson Video Series, so this is where I want to help help you…
When it comes to essential oils, the sky is the limit, but the Triple Threat of Oregano, Tea Tree & Thyme really stand out!
- Oregano: We could go on for pages about the antibiotic effects of oregano oil, but there’s more to it than that. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics that are essentially one trick ponies, oregano essential oil carries with it so many more benefits. It is truly the ultimate natural treatment and an answer to standard antibiotics.
- Tea Tree: Slowly, science is catching up in explaining why tea tree oil is such an effective antimicrobial agent. Over three hundred studies are returned referring to tea tree oil’s antimicrobial benefits. We know that centuries of use were warranted, but now we are seeing reasoning for tea tree’s effectiveness in traditional remedies.
- Thyme: Thyme is especially well utilized when we take advantage of its antimicrobial prowess and improve food safety. Commercial applications are intriguing, with the potential for preservation and packaging to occur with natural substances like thyme oil. But safety in our homes is important, as well. For example, a chicken marinade using thyme and orange essential oils was shown to be able to inhibit Salmonella!
Triple-Threat Antibiotic Roll-On
What I love about this blend of oils is that each one of these is known to fight multiple things. Put them together and you have a powerhouse… a triple threat for essential oil infection relief!
- 10 ml roll-on bottle
- Fractionated coconut oil (almond or jojoba can also be used)
- 2 drops oregano essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops thyme essential oil (linalool or thymol type)
- Mix Essential Oils in roller bottle.
- Fill with carrier oil and gently swish around to mix.
- Apply on the bottoms of the feet and over abdomen 2x per day while battling a systemic infection.
- Do not use for more than 3 weeks at a time.
- Discontinue use immediately upon any adverse reactions.