Whether you are a man or woman, hair loss can be a devastating event. And it doesn’t just affect aging people. Many young people lose their hair due to stress, bad health, pregnancy, or hormone imbalance. I’m asked a lot about my favorite essential oils for hair loss and regrowth and today I want to share a DIY essential oil for hair loss recipe that helped me when I lost a ton of hair after my molar pregnancy.
Favorite Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Tea tree essential oil is anti-fungal so it will help to heal your scalp of any issues that may be causing itchiness. Peppermint essential oil is so invigorating and will help with blood flow. Rosemary essential oil and geranium essential oil are great for smooth silky hair, especially when battling frizz. Many DIY shampoos and conditioners use these oils to promote healthy hair and a clean scalp. I also use some of these in my homemade hairspray recipe which you absolutely must try!
Pair these essential oils for hair loss and regrowth with some magnesium gel and you’ve got a great root treatment or hair serum to combat hair loss!
Hair Regrowth Gel by Mama Z
Ready to get started? Gather up your oils, a small glass bottle (I love an amber glass bottle with a dropper for this) and your magnesium gel!
- 8-10 drops *essential oils
- 1 oz magnesium gel
- glass bottle with dropper or PET plastic bottle (you can repurpose the bottle your magnesium gel came in)
- Put all your essential oils into your glass bottle or PET plastic squeeze bottle, and add the magnesium gel.
- Add your lid or dropper cap and shake well to mix.
- After showering, massage a small amount of the mixture into your scalp. Style hair as usual.
* My favorite oils are rosemary, peppermint, lavender, and tea tree. Geranium is a favorite EO to add when hair is more frizzy and needs some extra smoothing love. You can use a combination of all of these, just don’t exceed the 10 drops called for in the recipe. I typically just use 2 drops of each essential oil in this blend.
Magnesium gel is what you want to use because it’s different than magnesium oil. My favorite is magnesium gel with seaweed extract so it has all the micronutrients that your hair needs.
Eliminate caustic and dangerous chemicals from your bathroom routine and use healthier options like homemade shampoo, DIY conditioner, and gentle hair detangling spray to minimize the stress on your hair.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!